Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#367311 - 06/08/13 09:01 AM Inspirational Pax3
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
Hi everyone...

I'm very close to selling my 11 month year old PAX3... frown

I have been looking everywhere on the net for videos that play songs on the PAX3...I need some inspiration..

So many Tyros 4 vid's out there that play Western music..

Surely there are Pax3 western music out there?

I am really wanting to get a tyros 4..Or should I still give the Pax3 a crack?

Sorry for the sad post

#367312 - 06/08/13 10:30 AM Re: Inspirational Pax3 [Re: MattyB]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
If you are new to the KORG arena, it will be difficult to learn the PA3X,what are you looking to play on the keyboard? if it's midi files any keyboard will play them? you don't have to get a TYROS for that, now if you want some good styles? try looking for commercial sites that sell them.

#367317 - 06/08/13 11:04 AM Re: Inspirational Pax3 [Re: MattyB]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
'Western music' doesn't really narrow it down much, Matty. What 'kind' of western music? Funk? Rock? Rap? 50's rock and roll? Big band swing? Smooth jazz?

Anyway, if you need proof that the PA3X can sound amazing, try this:

My advice would be to not let the number of good web demos be your proof of whether something can sound great or not. It only takes ONE. The rest is up to you!

#367334 - 06/09/13 02:37 AM Re: Inspirational Pax3 [Re: MattyB]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
Thanks fore reply smile I think I will keep the Pax3....Western I mean like.....Beatles, Lady gaga...stuff that us people know.

Not European music...if that makes sense...haha

I will look out for some new styles... smile

#367341 - 06/09/13 09:24 AM Re: Inspirational Pax3 [Re: MattyB]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
This is the first time I hear Lady Gaga and Beatles in the same sentence.heheheh.
Beatles is European music.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#367345 - 06/09/13 11:21 AM Re: Inspirational Pax3 [Re: MattyB]
Diki Offline

Western music covers such a wide range of genres, it is almost meaningless to use it. From The Beatles, to Taylor Swift, from Bjørk to the Sex Pistols, from Pink Floyd to the Gap Band, there is too wide a range to lump it all together.

There is music that is sublime, and there is music that is pure excrement. And only YOU can define what fits into each category (we all have different tastes!).

I think your issue seems to revolve about what styles you can find for your PA3X, and there is the main thing. Perhaps telling us WHAT tunes you are trying to play, and getting the Korg users here to help you out with appropriate styles for it is your best bet..?

#367347 - 06/09/13 02:48 PM Re: Inspirational Pax3 [Re: MattyB]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I assume from your brief dicsription (Beatles and Lady G) that you want pop/rock 60's -today. Still very broad... But I think your Korg might be the best choice for pop/rock.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#367356 - 06/09/13 07:30 PM Re: Inspirational Pax3 [Re: montunoman]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
There is already a lady gaga style in the PA3x. Korg has also released 64 free styles for the pa3x and most of them are for modern pop/dance music. Try also the older styles for the pa1x, pa80,pa2x the i series etc there are alot of styles out there.

#367360 - 06/09/13 07:49 PM Re: Inspirational Pax3 [Re: MattyB]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Originally Posted By: MattyB
Hi everyone...

I'm very close to selling my 11 month year old PAX3... frown

I have been looking everywhere on the net for videos that play songs on the PAX3...I need some inspiration..

So many Tyros 4 vid's out there that play Western music..

Surely there are Pax3 western music out there?

I am really wanting to get a tyros 4..Or should I still give the Pax3 a crack?

Sorry for the sad post

It sounds like you are getting bored with yourself, you are forcing yourself to be inspired all the time like you were when you just bought your arranger. I recommend you stop playing for a while (of course if you are an amateur player) and start listening to the music you like, do something you enjoy doing then go back to your Pa3x.
This arranger is amazing. I also get inspiration from the Tyros'demonstrators because they are awesome but they would sound alike in any other good arranger.
When you return to your Pa3x search on YouTube the music you like and play along with the keyboard until you learn it, at first playing the melody later the chord and finally adding the proper style.
Korg style collection is not huge like the Yamaha but it is more versatile, you can easily add individual multipads in the style and also make a lot of them by copying from style parts.
Arrangers are inspirational at first but actually inspiration should arise from yourself and the music you listen.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#367362 - 06/09/13 08:10 PM Re: Inspirational Pax3 [Re: MattyB]
Diki Offline

There really is no such thing as a Lady Gaga 'style'. There might be ONE style that does a decent job of playing ONE Lady Gaga tune, but try playing any of the others on it..!

When we talk about well established, older 'styles' of music, let's say swing, or bigband, or 50's doo-wop, or 60's rock and roll, or Motown, or classic country, then yes, there were so many tunes done by artists of the day in a similar vein that one style could be used for quite a wide variety of different songs. But when you start dealing with contemporary pop stars, their songs and their music hasn't been out long enough for it to have a defined sound. No two Lady Gaga tunes are close enough for one style to work on.

I think, if you want to do a good job on up to date pop songs, you are likely to get your best results using SMF's, or even karaoke tracks. Mind you, nothing wrong with taking a pop tune from today and doing it in an older style. I heard a live version of Katy Perry doing 'I kissed a girl' in a slow, almost jazzy vein (at least for the first half of the song) and it was quite cool! (Don't tell anybody I said that!)

Nothing to stop you using existing styles to pull that off. That's part of the creativity you can do yourself, not letting other people inspire you, inspire yourself!

But a more detailed list of what tunes you find the hardest to do on your Korg would no doubt get many of the Korg players here telling you what THEY use for the song. Then the inspiration is up to you...!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online