SuperNatural BK-9 sounds...

Overall, very nice. Somehow, the G70 GrandX seems missing or altered in some way, but the new SN pianos are nice.

Yes, the SN section has got some cool stuff in it, especially the guitars, mallets, Rhodes, pianos etc. The horns are a mixed bunch. The trumpet is very clever, with an octave doit up on the up bend, and a fifth lip down and growl on the down bend, and the ability to be polyphonic or monophonic, depending on how you play and phrase. Nice as well is that you get a lip-up up to a maj3rd, but then a clean jump from a 4th and up.

The sax, OTOH isn't, to my ears, as successful as the SA2 Yamaha sax. It does the same polyphonic/monophonic trick as the trumpet, but not to my ears as well. Plus no intervalic gliss up's or down's. The bend as well is not as successful. It will run up or down a variety of scales and modes, in any key, but the link between what you are playing and these parameters is missing. So you have to preset the scale and key in advance. The smart thing would be to feed it the Chord Recognition NTA, and let it do a gliss on whatever scale you are playing. I think there's a quick way to switch between a bend and a gliss, but haven't figured it out yet.

The clarinet also has the same issues. I give this one to Yamaha, too. Same with the flute. The overblown switch is nice though. Can you say Jethro Tull?!

But for Roland's first attempt at an arranger with SA type abilities, on the whole, pretty good. I haven't even talked about the guitars, which are amazing... Hammer on/off's by PLAYING them not hitting the samples harder! Again, good recognition of single lines vs. chords. And the trick where sustained repeated chords get alternately strummed up and down is a new one on me. The jazz guitar has the same kind of tricks, and now I'm starting to see why I thought the jazz guitar demos posted on this thread http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/366590/New_Amazing_Demo_Roland_BK_9#Post366590 were so good. It really IS uncanny how it interprets what you play to achieve good guitar idiomatic picking and strumming.

So, all in all, 8/10 score for Roland's first SA2 type stuff in an arranger. Reeds could be a bit better, but that is the toughest thing to pull off.