SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#366564 - 05/21/13 11:46 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: frankieve]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: frankieve
She knows, She sometimes takes pictures

Then I think we need to see these pictures (for educational puposes) lol smile

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#366573 - 05/21/13 04:32 PM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: montunoman]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Probably for different reasons than montunoman, I'd like to see photos of various set ups ... I work hard at this but may not be working smart. I learned a lot from seeing photos of Gary and Donny's rigs ... would like to see some more
Ciao,
Jerry

#366577 - 05/21/13 09:12 PM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I don't know how one plays with these new stands. My biggest complaint is no room for "pedals" and no secure keyboard "mountings."

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the old A-frame USS (Ultimate Support Systems) from the 90's. This is the "tall" one........

http://www.jaspers-alu.de/jaspers-alu/images/4D-145B.jpg

I have 5 sets of them and I'd buy 5 more if they still made them. Best stands I've ever owned/used. Light as a feather, strong, portable, versatile, setup time under a minute, 1-3 tiers and each one height adjustable, gorgeous black, plenty of leg room for pedals.

IMO, these were the best stands USS ever made. I don't know why they don't offer them as another "line?" My only regret is I bought them for the 61 keys. I wish I had one for my 76. Sturdy and stable as a battleship! The ceiling could collapse and your keyboards will still be sitting there glued to the stand.

Edited by Mark79100 (05/21/13 09:23 PM)

#366582 - 05/21/13 10:09 PM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

#366583 - 05/21/13 10:34 PM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mark, I bought one of those off Craig's List a couple years ago. It had never been used. I never used it because I have several of the Ultimate Support A-frames, which I use all the time, and have for about 20 years! I sold it about six months ago. Might be able to get it back if you are interested.
DonM

#366598 - 05/22/13 05:31 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I used to use A-frames, but their main drawback was setup and breakdown. You basically have to disassemble them every time. X-stands and Apex types, everything folds up neatly, presto! You are out of there...

#366601 - 05/22/13 06:13 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
I used to use A-frames, but their main drawback was setup and breakdown. You basically have to disassemble them every time. X-stands and Apex types, everything folds up neatly, presto! You are out of there...

Not so fast Diki when you have a mic boom, and a second tier also ,......the Ultimate Apex 48 pro clumn stand is all contained in one unit, breaks down in less then a minute, and less gear to carry. Although the the K&M mic boom has to be removed.. it's even better as the legs just fold up fast vs the Apex. BTW I also have the Best X stand made the Ultimate Support IQ-3000 brand new never used here if anyone is interested it's For Sale.

IQ-3000 X Stand

Edited by Dnj (05/22/13 06:19 AM)

#366610 - 05/22/13 07:42 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I don't disassemble mine. I just fold it flat (1 second) and put it in the back of my truck. It weighs maybe 5 pounds, even with the mic boom.
DonM

#366617 - 05/22/13 08:28 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I don't disassemble mine. I just fold it flat (1 second) and put it in the back of my truck. It weighs maybe 5 pounds, even with the mic boom.
DonM

I learned that from Don 10 years ago. I no longer use the stand and sold it, but when I carried it around in a nylon sleeve it took forever to assemble.

I currently use a two-tier Quick-Loc stand has really served me well. No bouncing, fully adjustable and plenty room for pedals. And, it folds flat. The stand is constructed of welded steel, it holds up to 265 pounds, but it only weighs 20 pounds. It's probably the best built, strongest keyboard stand on the market today. When I bought mine, they were selling for $150, but now they can be had for $129 at Musician's Friend.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#366635 - 05/22/13 10:34 PM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I sold it about six months ago. Might be able to get it back if you are interested. DonM

Thanks Don, but I checked my stock today. Luckily, there are at least 4 of them sitting there and tons of other shelving and parts. Back in the '90s, a friend who owned a music store and had an account with them ordered me about $1,000 worth of USS equipment ($1k bought a lot in those days). Glad I hung on to it all these years! The speaker stands alone are terrific!

Mark

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online