SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#366494 - 05/20/13 05:12 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Swissman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Swissman
I have this stand at home for the last 6 years. Used to sit a G70 with a Yamaha SY 85 on top (both heavy!). Never had problems with stability. Now I use it with a PA3X (lighter than the G70) with a Triton LE on top. I do not gig, but even if you intend to use it for gigging, I personally find it very convenient to move and set up quickly.

I hope it helps to answer your question.

Cheers,

Carlos thanx for the info....Im pretty sure it will be my next Kb stand...

Carlos Silva

#366496 - 05/20/13 06:49 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Swissman]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Originally Posted By: Swissman
I have this stand at home for the last 6 years. Used to sit a G70 with a Yamaha SY 85 on top (both heavy!). Never had problems with stability. Now I use it with a PA3X (lighter than the G70) with a Triton LE on top. I do not gig, but even if you intend to use it for gigging, I personally find it very convenient to move and set up quickly.

I hope it helps to answer your question.

Cheers,

Carlos Silva

How about an issue with pedals? can we use an EC5 or maybe an expression pedal with a sustain? is there enough room?

#366502 - 05/20/13 09:40 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think it is more to do with the strength you play at than any other factor. Now, I'm not the heaviest handed guy I know (I got a couple of friends that are pianists that sit in from time to time, and they always drive the G70 harder than I do!) but I still definitely come from a strong piano background, and am used to putting a lot more force into the note than players that perhaps came from organ, synth or accordion backgrounds.

All I know is, if it CAN move, I can make it move! organ

#366509 - 05/20/13 11:27 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm sure the stand is stable enough for the player - but it's not the player you have to worry about when it comes to stability. It would be difficult for most of us that have performed in any venue to recall a time when someone didn't come up and try to lean on the edge of the keyboard, lean on the Bose tower(s), lean on the speaker poles, etc... Looking at the size of the stand's feet, their positioning, and the height of where the keyboard would be perched, and the configuration of the support arms, NAH! It just would not be a stable platform for most entertainers - especially if you were set up like DNJ's current rig. At lest the stand legs on DNJ's rig are about 2/3 as wide as the keyboard. The K&M Stand legs only appear to be about 1/3 as wide as a 61-note board. I would hate to see it on a 76 with someone leaning on the outer edge.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#366513 - 05/20/13 01:04 PM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Apex 48 pro .....
Been using it nightly on gigs 4 years ROCK SOLID!!
K&M Spider is just as good......everyone I talked to around the world loves them for live play on stage.

#366517 - 05/20/13 01:52 PM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Dnj]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
it seems that this kind of stand are to high for me.

It seems that the stand hides most of the player. no?

Can you still look at the people dancing?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#366522 - 05/20/13 03:47 PM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: DAN.2000]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
it seems that this kind of stand are to high for me.

It seems that the stand hides most of the player. no?

Can you still look at the people dancing?

I cut 8 inches off the top of mine. Now you can see everyone.

#366554 - 05/21/13 05:14 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: Dnj]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I've been using mine for about 2 years now, I gig atleast once a week, up to 3. I'm playing bar gigs with drunk girls jumping up on stage hanging on me and my keyboards.

I do have to say, one time a girl was so drunk she basically leaned all her body weight on one side of my keyboard which sew sawed the other up, then it came down but off the stopper, I luckly stopped it with my foot before it hit the ground.

I love a heavy duty X stand or Z stand because of the lack of bounce, but set up and looks, the Spider wins hands down

#366556 - 05/21/13 06:14 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: frankieve]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: frankieve
I've been using mine for about 2 years now, I gig atleast once a week, up to 3. I'm playing bar gigs with drunk girls jumping up on stage hanging on me and my keyboards.

Frank... Your wife doesn't read this forum does she...
duel rotfl

#366562 - 05/21/13 10:00 AM Re: Anyone Using the K&M Spider Keyboard Stand? [Re: tony mads usa]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
She knows, She sometimes takes pictures

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online