SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#366377 - 05/16/13 07:00 PM Liquidating Chinese gear..
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have been complaining about too much product from China, being sold here in the US.

Actually, better quality product can be found at the same price, and made in the USA...

I think it is time to support our US made merchandise...and when we have choices...go for the home brand...

I have actually found myself liquidating my made in China gear..I might add it has been sub consiously...

I was told a few years ago, that Roland would start making instruments in Italy and Japan..again....and it looks like it has started..

I would not even consider my construction tools that were not made in the US...but we are forced to consider electronics made in China....We are more than capable to make quality electronics...if we support the home lines..they should do well..

It is time for US earnings to stay in the US..

I am so tired of reading labels made in China on all the top brand sound systems...and frankly I don't see much difference in a $100 Podium and a $600 QSC powered speaker....They could be made by the same people.. smile

Right now ..my gear is made in USA, Italy, Japan...only one item is made in China (Edirol Mixer), no alternative to this mixer/price..Roland Cubes are USA...G70 is Italy, Accordion is Italy... Mics and effects are from Japan..

#366378 - 05/16/13 07:45 PM Re: Liquidating Chinese gear.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well, I'm all for home grown business, but the podium vs. QSC comparison is just laughable. I had them side by side and the clarity and punch and overall excitement level was apples and oranges. Maybe Chinese apples ... who knows.
smile
All I know for sure is that no Podium (... or JBL, or Barbetta) I ever heard came close to the QSC line. Now that Yamaha and EV have a competitive lineup for the "K" series, we may see some price drops, but for my money - my big jobs are still QSC powered.

#366391 - 05/17/13 08:54 AM Re: Liquidating Chinese gear.. [Re: Fran Carango]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Tell me what is the difference between China and Japan or Italy??
I agree with you that it is better if money stays at home, but you don't have problem giving money to Japan ot Italy.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#366393 - 05/17/13 09:08 AM Re: Liquidating Chinese gear.. [Re: mirza]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
Tell me what is the difference between China and Japan or Italy??
I agree with you that it is better if money stays at home, but you don't have problem giving money to Japan ot Italy.

It is the fact that China is getting the volume dollar..we are flooded with China Product here..Nothing per say about China..I do/did have some great gear made in China..Money to Italy..I might have relatives prospering with my dollars in Italy smile

Japan has been the leader in electronics since over taking the USA..especially electronic instruments like synths..

I may be wrong but I think China owns 3 or 4 of our states in the USA.. shocked

#366394 - 05/17/13 09:39 AM Re: Liquidating Chinese gear.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

The New Yamaha DXR series speakers Sound AMAZING!!!....
& more hookup flexibility then the QSC series. headphone

Edited by Dnj (05/17/13 09:44 AM)

#366423 - 05/18/13 07:43 AM Re: Liquidating Chinese gear.. [Re: Fran Carango]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It never ceases to amaze me how little people know about China's contributions to the world, particularly the development of the United States. It would behoove many to read Fusang - you'll learn a lot!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#366435 - 05/18/13 10:35 AM Re: Liquidating Chinese gear.. [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
It's probably cold war paranoia from 60' and 70'...

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#366438 - 05/18/13 12:47 PM Re: Liquidating Chinese gear.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

You guys read too much into the post smile

#366439 - 05/18/13 01:00 PM Re: Liquidating Chinese gear.. [Re: Fran Carango]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
The post seemed pretty unequivocal to me...wasn't much to "read" into it at all really.

#366440 - 05/18/13 01:05 PM Re: Liquidating Chinese gear.. [Re: miden]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
The post seemed pretty unequivocal to me...wasn't much to "read" into it at all really.

There was no condemnation of China....it was about gear...my gear, and my choices..

It is more about the priorities in manufacturing in the USA and about balancing imports...It just so happens that except for automotive...China is the leading importer of products in the US...

Like I said you guys read too much into "my" post..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online