SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#366214 - 05/12/13 03:06 PM My S910 vs Audya
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have had the 910 out on several gigs and have made the following conclusions.

1. All the major brands are very capable of fulfilling their intended result with the proper musician, and with, perhaps, a little tweaking.
2. Some keyboards are, inherently, better suited to certain venues than others.

Case in point; I have been using my Audya for everything from dances in a large hall, to small senior lunches. I have had complaints at a couple of small affairs that I was too loud. Now, I have to admit that I didn't bother to adjust some of the parameters to adjust to different situations, but,with playing different scenes every week, I didn't I wanted to, or think I had to.

I have taken the Yamaha to the smaller rooms, and, they love it. I have heard ad nauseum about the "CD" type sound. Well, let me tell you, this little board is great for what I use it for. Both keyboards are great in their own rite, and using both of these, I now have it covered.

Just my opinion, in my particular situation. I realize that, if I had to, I could make either work for everything, but not like this.

Bernie

#366217 - 05/12/13 04:33 PM Re: My S910 vs Audya [Re: Bernie9]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
As much as I love the Audya, and believe I loved to own one, I can't imagine using one for a seniors or a low volume event. But you are right, with a bit of work either KB could do the job just fine... It's nice to have the right tool for the job. Enjoy your Yamaha/Audya combo!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#366273 - 05/13/13 07:41 PM Re: My S910 vs Audya [Re: Bernie9]
Ron Pierce Offline

Loc: Fort Myers, FL USA
Hey Bernie,
Nice to hear that you're putting the S910 through it's paces. Sounds like you've mastered any learning curve that existed.
Keep on makin' music.
Ron

#366280 - 05/14/13 01:46 AM Re: My S910 vs Audya [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Ron

Nice to hear from you. I wouldn't say I have mastered it, but have learned most of the basics. I am simply delighted with your old keyboard, and while it may not be your Tyros4, it is everything I need.

Bernie

#366307 - 05/14/13 04:29 PM Re: My S910 vs Audya [Re: Bernie9]
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
Isn't that why they put volume knobs and sliders on each part, drums , bass , chord , lead etc. on the Audya. I bought the UK styles upgrade. The whiter shade is OK and the 6/8 style is real nice but the driving beat is a complete joke. That is one of the worst sounding styles I have ever heard. Paying that kind of money for only five styles and the driving beat is unusable and the quickstep and rhumba are no better than what came out of the box. I'll keep the 6/8 bal. and whiter bal. but the other three must be a little better than that.I'll delete driving beat cause I can't think of anything that would benefit from that style.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#366313 - 05/15/13 02:05 AM Re: My S910 vs Audya [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

I have heard those styles and thought them very good, but driving. If I was in a room with young people, smashed out of their skulls, it may be the thing.

As I said, I could tame all the Audya styles to play at a tea party, but there are times I need the extra kick. My point is that I enjoy having my Yamaha ready and balanced for light and medium situations without tweaking anything.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online