SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#366072 - 05/06/13 02:40 PM OT Goin to see the RASCALS !!!!!
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
A friend of mine I hadn't talked to in a while surprized me with a call to tell me the Rascals Reunion show "Once Upon a Dream" was coming to the PNC Arts center in NJ and asked if I wanted to go. OH YEA, my last dog was named Rascals, what does that tell you. HA! He knew what a big fan I was and when I brought my Hammond XK3 to sit in with his band one day we wound up doing old Rascals songs we loved. He's a drummer and a big Dino Dinelli fan. What drummer wasn't back then?
He saw them when the show opened on Broadway. He gets great tickets for everything thru his brother. His brother was a roadie for some major rock acts and is now the personal assistant to actor Donnie Walberg. Connections are nice. He said the show was great and a highlight was when Eddie Brigati sang "How can I Be Sure" and hit all the notes. He got a standing ovation and broke down on stage.
The show was just scheduled for a short run in NY but since has taken off and will be in Fla., Phi., NJ, and back to NY for another run.
I actually lent my B3 to Felix years ago when he was touring with a no name band doing his old hits and met him two times since. Really down to earth guy.
The show was written and put together by Steven Van Sant , who is a big fan and in addition to playing with Springsteen and acting on the "Sopranos' has a radio show called "Garage Rock"
So how many of us HAD to move up from our Farfisas and Vox Continentals to a real Hammond after hearing the organ solo on Good Lovin ??

#366083 - 05/06/13 06:58 PM Re: OT Goin to see the RASCALS !!!!! [Re: Bill Lewis]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Bill, I am so jealous, but happy for you. Felix has been my idol ever since I first heard his voice and keyboard style. I've seen the Rascals a good number of times and Felix's Rascals a couple times too. This current show looks fabulous. I hope it comes to Detroit or somewhere near cuz I will go. Enjoy every note!

#366096 - 05/07/13 08:27 AM Re: OT Goin to see the RASCALS !!!!! [Re: cassp]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Felix was scheduled to play with John Sebastian and the guitar player from Conan at a Summer NAMM reception sponsored by one of my clients a few years ago. I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, he had a scheduling conflict.

Really, great, historic player. (Magic feet)

R.(Still play "It's a Beautiful Mornin" every week)

Edited by captain Russ (05/07/13 08:28 AM)

#366105 - 05/07/13 02:39 PM Re: OT Goin to see the RASCALS !!!!! [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: captain Russ

I would LOVE it to hear your version of that ...

#366106 - 05/07/13 02:53 PM Re: OT Goin to see the RASCALS !!!!! [Re: tony mads usa]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
They look like they will sound pretty good, but I don't see a guitar or keyboard...

Attachments
little-rascals.jpg

#366110 - 05/08/13 06:00 AM Re: OT Goin to see the RASCALS !!!!! [Re: captain Russ]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Felix was scheduled to play with John Sebastian and the guitar player from Conan at a Summer NAMM reception sponsored by one of my clients a few years ago. I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, he had a scheduling conflict.

Really, great, historic player. (Magic feet)

I wish I could of seen them in the early days when it was just 3 instruments and Felix covering the bass on the organ. Hard thing to do in a rock band, especially in the beginning when he was using stock B3's. He later used different bass mods, one of which I had put on my B3. A Nova 4, killer bass unit. I remember him saying that when their stuff was put out on CD it was so much clearer you could hear his foot tapping on the bass pedals.
They are now using a bass player and extra keyboard. My friend told me they haven't lost it at all and can still rock.

#366122 - 05/08/13 06:00 PM Re: OT Goin to see the RASCALS !!!!! [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

I saw them in the 60s at the action house in Brooklyn.....

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online