SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#365641 - 04/26/13 05:41 AM Re: Will Arranger KB Music be OBSOLETE in 30 Years?.. [Re: Dnj]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
In 20 years there will probably be keyboard instruments that do things we can't even imagine today. That might include playing or reproducing any style of music to that point in time, provide full synth and workstation capability as well as offering a user interface with voice command or some other to be determined way to interface. What we call Arranger will still be there only more powerful. We may see a keyboard that can be instantly configured to perform in many different ways as different types of memory become available and affordable. That will go hand in hand with new sampling technology that will allow even more accurate voices. Also maybe even keybeds themselves whose feel, touch and response can be selected. And all this will most likely be in a keyboard that is very light and easy to carry. Just my guess for the future.
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#365642 - 04/26/13 05:49 AM Re: Will Arranger KB Music be OBSOLETE in 30 Years?.. [Re: Dnj]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Hey in 2033 you can probably buy a totl now T4, pa3x, audya for $5. Bucks...at a garage sale... Lol

That's exactly what I did! In 2007 I bought a 1981 $10,000 Yamaha D85 organ for $500. I know you can also get one for even less.
In 30 years (it will be 2043) wood will be so scarce that I will sell it at $20,000 smile

Edited by vagro (04/26/13 05:51 AM)

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#365643 - 04/26/13 06:26 AM Re: Will Arranger KB Music be OBSOLETE in 30 Years?.. [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Hey in 2033 you can probably buy a totl now T4, pa3x, audya for $5. Bucks...at a garage sale... Lol

The Yamaha and Korg will be worth nothing....recycled plastic is worthless...but the Ketron will be worth a few bucks ..scrap metal will always bring a buck.. smile

#365645 - 04/26/13 06:55 AM Re: Will Arranger KB Music be OBSOLETE in 30 Years?.. [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I really hope that we’ll still have arranger keyboards in 30 years. By then I’ll hopefully have retired from my day job and be able to dedicate myself fully to my music. I aspire to be like so many of my SZ brethren who are in their 70’s and still gigging. Guys like Hammer, Gary, Don M, Tony, Bernie, Joe, Donny, Uncle Dave, Chass, Fran and Russ are my heroes! I hope to be just like you guys when I grow up! smile

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#365647 - 04/26/13 07:05 AM Re: Will Arranger KB Music be OBSOLETE in 30 Years?.. [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Another interesting question might be “will we be able to effectively perform on a current day arranger keyboard 30 years from now? “

Assuming the instrument is still functioning, I think you could still put on a great performance in the future on a current day instrument. Sure, there will be much better options, it will sound dated but in the hand’s a good musician, the instrument is not that important. It’s what comes out…

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#365652 - 04/26/13 07:21 AM Re: Will Arranger KB Music be OBSOLETE in 30 Years?.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

dated is an understatement Paul... oldies will be the MUSIC OF TODAY on an arranger you be the judge....if you ain't playing the songs of TODAY now, .... 30 years from now will be even more electronic created by computer, loops, tracks, etc, etc, and stuff not even invented yet. babies today wanna hear what they grew up with in the next 30 years I can see using a Controller KB's with some kind of VST programs in the furure but Arranger Styles "as we know them" will be a thing of the past like the 8-track tape IMO.

#365663 - 04/26/13 09:23 AM Re: Will Arranger KB Music be OBSOLETE in 30 Years?.. [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman
I really hope that we’ll still have arranger keyboards in 30 years. By then I’ll hopefully have retired from my day job and be able to dedicate myself fully to my music. I aspire to be like so many of my SZ brethren who are in their 70’s and still gigging. Guys like Hammer, Gary, Don M, Tony, Bernie, Joe, Donny, Uncle Dave, Chass, Fran and Russ are my heroes! I hope to be just like you guys when I grow up! smile

He called me a HERO !!! ... bow
and I want to be just like those guys when I grow up too !!! ... rotfl

#365664 - 04/26/13 09:32 AM Re: Will Arranger KB Music be OBSOLETE in 30 Years?.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wanna be a SUPER Hero! But I am NOT 70. Yet.
smile
DonM

#365673 - 04/26/13 10:43 AM Re: Will Arranger KB Music be OBSOLETE in 30 Years?.. [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I wanna be a SUPER Hero! But I am NOT 70. Yet.
smile
DonM

Me too!!!!! I am only a week in front of Don.. smile

#365676 - 04/26/13 11:56 AM Re: Will Arranger KB Music be OBSOLETE in 30 Years?.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow! It's nice to be in that category. smile I just read something, though, that may make the category mute. "If you don't grow up by age 50, then you don't have to." My wife said I never grew up.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online