SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#365349 - 04/20/13 05:55 PM Re: BK9 carry it under your arm.... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I suppose if I were, or ever had been, a piano player I would appreciate the heavier action, but the lighter and faster the better for me. The Korg PA3X is even a tad stiffer than I would ask for, but still very useable.
My main question concerning the BK9 is regarding the lack of a vocal harmonizer. If that is true, I won't be a buyer for certain.
DonM

#365364 - 04/21/13 07:52 AM Re: BK9 carry it under your arm.... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I suppose if I were, or ever had been, a piano player I would appreciate the heavier action, but the lighter and faster the better for me. The Korg PA3X is even a tad stiffer than I would ask for, but still very useable.
My main question concerning the BK9 is regarding the lack of a vocal harmonizer. If that is true, I won't be a buyer for certain.
DonM

Don agree totally with the lighter keyfeel statement, Pa3x, etc...VH I can live without...in any case I'm lovin my S950. keys
But of course will play Frans BK9 when it arrives..

#365383 - 04/21/13 12:45 PM Re: BK9 carry it under your arm.... [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Until arrangers get VH's that approach the better standalones, I am not sure that saddling yourself with something that makes such a primary impact on your sound simply for the convenience of not making a couple of hookups is a great idea.

Personally, I don't use VH, despite the G70's being decent (for an arranger!), so the BK-9 missing one won't be a deal breaker. I am not sure how far I want to stretch my audiences credibility. There comes a point that, unless you spend a fair bit of time SHOWING them how everything works (and who goes out on a Sat. night to see that!), they can't tell the difference between you and a karaoke act. Adding harmonies certainly walks you down that path! But to each, his own, I guess.

On stage, I've played almost every action there is... nasty stiff poorly regulated Rhodes's, crisp clavinets, SteinwayD's, B3's, synths old and new. You name it, played it! I have to confess, stick me on a desert island and say I have to choose ONE action (not sound), I'll take that G70's any day! One ring to rule them all...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online