SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#365227 - 04/19/13 03:46 AM BK help needed.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Fran, maybe you'd know this. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a Performance to Link to an MP3 or SMF.

I want to call up the Performance, and have everything ready to go. Please don't tell me this is a two step load...

#365236 - 04/19/13 06:19 AM Re: BK help needed. [Re: Diki]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Diki, I have never seen a way to link an MP3 to a performance or user program..Not on the E80 version 2, Prelude version 2, or the BK5..As you say...they will have to be selected independent of each other..

I haven't checked out the BK9...maybe it could be the first Roland arranger to link the MP3 with performances..Audio loops in sync with styles...seems logical that it could link what you need..

#365237 - 04/19/13 06:27 AM Re: BK help needed. [Re: Diki]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Wow, I never even thought about the BK not being able to link performance to a SMF..

When you realize that all the data direction originates from the USB source and not the internal memory as we had in the G and E series...it seems that links are not possible..

#365239 - 04/19/13 07:20 AM Re: BK help needed. [Re: Diki]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Sounds like something that could be a simple software fix. Much like the velocity problem I'm stuck on.
Roland is starting to put out videos on YouTube for simple operations. Maybe they will continue to move forward and do another operating system update.

Good luck

#365293 - 04/20/13 01:27 AM Re: BK help needed. [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

We need to contact Roland and ask for this urgently. A huge step backwards (again! rolleyes )

#365296 - 04/20/13 01:39 AM Re: BK help needed. [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

The Performance data is on external media, no reason why a link to SMF and MP3 data on the same media can't be established.

The G/E always had a problem if you moved stuff around, but that's to be expected. But if you had, UPG's, UPS's and SMF data all on a card, take that card to another machine, it all worked...

The Performance List is functionally the same as the old UPS. Folder structure looks the same. I can see no reason why a Link can't be programmed into the Performance structure. As you say, the MP3/Wave/AIFF data for the Audio key feature IS Linked to the Performance, and that is data in a separate folder on the USB media to the Performance.

Roland... WE NEED THIS!

#365419 - 04/21/13 11:47 PM Re: BK help needed. [Re: Diki]
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
SMF or MP3 is easly recalled using performances:

1) select th SMF/MP3
2) press Write and save the performance

(of course if you select a Style after step 1, then the Style will be saved and recalled by the Performance)

please look at pag 43 of OM of BK-7m, didn't you look at it? wink

#365428 - 04/22/13 07:00 AM Re: BK help needed. [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Doesn't say anything about MP3, and sorry. I don't call SMF's 'songs', a bit confusing.

Have you actually tried the mp3 link?

#365429 - 04/22/13 07:11 AM Re: BK help needed. [Re: Diki]
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Yes I did... right know, it works fine.

I guess that Song on OM means SMF (standard MIDI files) or MP3 or WAV file.

#365498 - 04/23/13 01:26 PM Re: BK help needed. [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

My mistake... I was completely wrong about this.! (it happens all the time!)

The problem stemmed from Roland changing the way you go about this, and also changing the nomenclature of the system. In the past, You created your Performance, then you had to 'LINK' the SMF to go with it. Now it turns out, the link is created automatically, there is no separate step. It works for SMF and MP3 (so that's an improvement over the E80, which never could link MP3's, as that ability got added in an update).

My apologies to all, and especially Roland... smoke

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online