SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#364622 - 04/08/13 05:31 AM Re: Roland BK-5 First Impressions... [Re: cassp]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cassp
Not to take anything away from Donny's playing and entertaining talent, remember he uses a lot of mp3's for backing, so the keyboard is not as important most of the time.

Wrong my friend, wink ......I use it ALL depending on the gig, 4hrs, 1 hr, 8 hr doubles, etc,..on a NH gig I "NEVER" use anything but live style play,.....styles all night many times or combined with mp3 backing tracks that I have created and recorded many on the arrangers or in combo with SMf files also, & multitracking too,.. DJ'ing also with no Kb at all sometimes too,...who cares? You gotta have it all and be a good singer too and be ready to use it at a moments notice...a one trick pony ain't gonna cut it in todays world of music.

#364623 - 04/08/13 05:34 AM Re: Roland BK-5 First Impressions... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I guess I'm old school. My backup for my PSR-3000 is an identical PSR--3000. If the keyboard were to drop dead on the job, which has never happened, I guess I could get by with the laptop.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#364835 - 04/12/13 05:59 AM Re: Roland BK-5 First Impressions... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Well....I learned a big lesson on eh BK 5 that was frustrating me regarding "SAVING MY PERFORMANCE LIST" after doing my edits, I step that simply I kept bypassing resulting in my song-list to disappear every-time I shut off the KB. I almost gave up until Fran & Diki got me back on course with the remedy to ALWAYS use the SAVE LIST function. Now I can easily create song lists for gigs and scroll right thru them and perform on stage with ease. let me also say that the BK series units have some terrific styles that are so useful for so many genres eg: "Survive Disco", Gold Foxtrot, "Franks Way", etc,....good stuff.

to be continued

#364899 - 04/13/13 10:20 AM Re: Roland BK-5 First Impressions... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

This BK-5 really sounds good...but sadly I will have to let it go as the NEW BK-9 is in my sites very soon. wink

Price drop.. keys

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/364898#Post364898

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online