SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#364553 - 04/07/13 09:23 AM iPad for a display with the Roland BK Units
Dnj Offline

#364692 - 04/09/13 04:57 PM Re: iPad for a display with the Roland BK Units [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
I'm getting and Ipad anyway so this is just a bonus. I can use it to DJ and lyrics/music. How far we've come !!

#364720 - 04/10/13 10:02 AM Re: iPad for a display with the Roland BK Units [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yep, it's a nice (albeit not essential) bonus for those who already have an iPad, but it's a slap in the face for those without one. Most of us have laptops and computers, but iPad is nowhere near as universal.

I still believe that dropping the touch screen (remember, the E50 retailed at nearly half the price of a BK9) is a huge blunder.

#364722 - 04/10/13 10:09 AM Re: iPad for a display with the Roland BK Units [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
I'm getting and Ipad anyway so this is just a bonus. I can use it to DJ and lyrics/music. How far we've come !!

iPad is what's happening everywhere!! .... millions sold already and more apps, and models on the way to integrate with so many devices, instruments, etc,...good luck Bill keep us posted on your iPad experiences. I'm still a laptop user but little by little I am intrigued by what iPad will bring to us next and down the road who knows if it can better my needs I sure will get one also. clap

#364726 - 04/10/13 10:59 AM Re: iPad for a display with the Roland BK Units [Re: Diki]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Yep, it's a nice (albeit not essential) bonus for those who already have an iPad, but it's a slap in the face for those without one. Most of us have laptops and computers, but iPad is nowhere near as universal.

I still believe that dropping the touch screen (remember, the E50 retailed at nearly half the price of a BK9) is a huge blunder.

Speaking of the E-50....I have decided to use the E-50 for senior gigs, because of the touch screen...making it easier to change up things on the fly, that involved a bit more menu changes on the BK-5....I also have the "cover" missing on the BK-5..The make up tools are easier to use with a touch screen too..
The playlist is also a great feature for senior gigs...

What the BK-5 brings to the table..is the best player (MP3, wave)...but it is not needed for senior gigs..

In deed the E-50 still has merits...

#364728 - 04/10/13 11:39 AM Re: iPad for a display with the Roland BK Units [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Originally Posted By: Diki

Speaking of the E-50....I have decided to use the E-50 for senior gigs, because of the touch screen...making it easier to change up things on the fly, that involved a bit more menu changes on the BK-5....I also have the "cover" missing on the BK-5..The make up tools are easier to use with a touch screen too..
The playlist is also a great feature for senior gigs...

What the BK-5 brings to the table..is the best player (MP3, wave)...but it is not needed for senior gigs..

In deed the E-50 still has merits...

For now Fran it's a great combo for your needs with the G70/E50,.....that's just until your BK9 come in wink
then you will have a 76-key 20lb powerhouse BK-9 Backing KB to compliment the G70 that you can keep inside for studio use.. and gig with the new BK-9. cool2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online