SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#364397 - 04/05/13 03:27 AM Ketron Audya - audio drum loop only
blackberry821510 Offline

#364422 - 04/05/13 10:23 AM Re: Ketron Audya - audio drum loop only [Re: blackberry821510]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Sounds great blackberry. I love this song thanks for posting.

#364429 - 04/05/13 10:50 AM Re: Ketron Audya - audio drum loop only [Re: blackberry821510]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
LOL.... this is what I'm talking about when it comes to loops and arrangers.

Listen to the first verse. Because it is not a simple 8 or 16 bar construction, the arranger is putting fills in in utterly the wrong place. It's all well and good to have extended length audio loops (nothing wrong with those), but when fills or pickups are included as part of the loop, you are utterly banjaxed if you are playing a song that doesn't have predictable phrasing.

Listen to the transition from the first chorus to the second verse. Again fills in completely the wrong place. Now maybe this is the player, but somehow I doubt it. The stops are correct, why would he trigger fills in the wrong place?

#364440 - 04/05/13 12:34 PM Re: Ketron Audya - audio drum loop only [Re: blackberry821510]
Dnj Offline

Blackberry .......
I enjoyed this tune,...Audya sounds terrific.
Thank you for posting your work. More ...more....more.

#364650 - 04/08/13 04:55 PM Re: Ketron Audya - audio drum loop only [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
The Audya really shines on this type of style. Yes, some of the fills were were at the wrong spots though... I have played an Audya a few times and noticed this. I guess it's a pitfall of audio/loops?

Anyhow, the vocal and the music sounds great and I really don't think your average audience member would care/notice a few random fills.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#364660 - 04/08/13 09:52 PM Re: Ketron Audya - audio drum loop only [Re: blackberry821510]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's the Achilles Heel of audio/loops!

TBH, I have no idea why these longer loops have ANY pickups or fills in them. That's not how it's done. Or wasn't, until now. That's what fills are for!

If you want to be clever, have a touch sensitive system where a light tap gives you a pickup, and a harder one gives you a fill... Now that's something I could USE!

But a machine that tells you 'You BETTER have a song with four-square sections, or I'm going to play as if it were, no matter what!' is not a machine that YOU control.

Audio loop arranger makers... ENOUGH WITH THE PICKUPS IN THE MAIN LOOP!

I want to put them where I want them!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online