SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#364539 - 04/07/13 01:43 AM PSR950 SA Voices - Is my technique up to it?
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Just had a very pleasant hour in the Glasgow GuitarGuitarDigital shop where they were happy to leave me fiddling with keyboards without any sales pressure once I'd explained the wife ws shopping down the road! Thanks guys.

Had the opportunity to get some time on a PSR950. As a 3000 user it was interesting, sonically sounded cleaner. Keybed as expected although perhaps slightly lighter?

I has a few goes at playing the SA Saxaphone and Guitar voices, plaing staccato and legato at different velocities. I could just hear some of the nuances on the sax annd acoustic guitars, but I'm not convinced that my normal audience would appreciate the difference.

Is this a "you need more practice" issue - am I doing it wrong - is is actually that subtle?

I'm not looking to replace the 3k as such but if it breaks I'll be considering a 750 or 950 and now I wonder whether the 950 is too good for me to play properly!

#364546 - 04/07/13 06:14 AM Re: PSR950 SA Voices - Is my technique up to it? [Re: MacAllcock]
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
The SA and SA2 Voices are great but to get the most out of them you need to increase depth and velocity in the Voice Set Screen. The higher the setting the more articulation is sounded. You will need to find a setting to match your fingering. If the settings are too low ( below 68 for each ) it will be more difficult to get the articulations. These articulations add so much realism. Play with those settings until you find a combination that works for you.

Joe
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#364569 - 04/07/13 01:11 PM Re: PSR950 SA Voices - Is my technique up to it? [Re: Joesax]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
sounds plausible! I'll try to remember (1) to give this a go and (2) report back when I next get a chance.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online