SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#364395 - 04/05/13 12:59 AM Re: Roland BK-9 unveiled [Re: Dreamer]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
That's what I couldn't put my finger on! There wasn't any dynamics in the styles at all and it sounded very crude. Almost general midi sounds. Not quite as bad as that but you know what I mean. The only interesting stuff happened towards the end of the demonstration when the older fella started to play

#364399 - 04/05/13 05:55 AM Re: Roland BK-9 unveiled [Re: Dreamer]
Dnj Offline

#364400 - 04/05/13 05:58 AM Re: Roland BK-9 unveiled [Re: Dreamer]
Dnj Offline

#364401 - 04/05/13 05:59 AM Re: Roland BK-9 unveiled [Re: jamman]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: jamman
Originally Posted By: Tostie

Style programming and especially bass programming (lack of dynamics) is poor.Although drums samples themselves are not bad.
What a shame. Great hardware/weight factor etc.

Supernatural sounds still have alot of homework to do,No where near SA IMHO.

Thay also need to hire someone who knows the strengths and weaknesses of the keyboard.

As for now, Yamaha has nothing to worry about,YET!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ndtpqaFpE

Not a relevant comparison, the Yamaha was a recorded, processed and mastered demo, the Roland was a Live demo, play a Yamaha live (As was the Rolland) and you will find it sounds nothing like the recording. (Always compare apples with apples not oranges)

Bill

#364403 - 04/05/13 06:20 AM Re: Roland BK-9 unveiled [Re: Dreamer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, I wouldn't put money on that statement. We have several great players on this forum that played Yammies live, and the dynamics were incredible. Not at all impressed by the vids I've seen on this thread.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#364406 - 04/05/13 07:19 AM Re: Roland BK-9 unveiled [Re: Dreamer]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Judging an arranger based on poor a video? Same mistake people did with the PA3X. Wait for better demo's or till you can play the BK 9 yourself before juding the sound of it.

#364408 - 04/05/13 07:30 AM Re: Roland BK-9 unveiled [Re: FransN]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
the fact that some people will judge the keyboard based on what they see and hear on the Internet absolutely baffles me...how can you make a judgement without your hands, eyes, and ears being involved in the process... Some boards, such as the KORG, you even need to get home and play with a while before you know its true potential...

#364414 - 04/05/13 08:00 AM Re: Roland BK-9 unveiled [Re: Dreamer]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Believe it or not the manufactures put out these videos on the web to encourage people to buy their instruments so why should it come as any surprise that these same demos can put people off ? I have heard some incredible demos on the web that have made me want to buy that keyboard . Certainly I will try before I buy but the interest in buying on my case is often piqued by a great demo . If that's not the case for a substantial bunch of people then the manufacturers are wasting a lot of time and money with these demos are they not ?

#364416 - 04/05/13 08:42 AM Re: Roland BK-9 unveiled [Re: Dreamer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I agree. I would not base my assessment of an arranger keyboard on demos posted on YouTube or an other site, for that matter. However, as stated above, the dynamics just don't seem to be there, at least not to me. I may change my mind after hearing and playing the same model in a store. I base my assessments solely on MY first hand experiences - that's why I rarely change keyboards.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#364417 - 04/05/13 08:45 AM Re: Roland BK-9 unveiled [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I agree. I would not base my assessment of an arranger keyboard on demos posted on YouTube or an other site, for that matter. However, as stated above, the dynamics just don't seem to be there, at least not to me. I may change my mind after hearing and playing the same model in a store. I base my assessments solely on MY first hand experiences - that's why I rarely change keyboards.

Cheers,

Gary

Gary that S950 on the way to you yet?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online