Topic Options
#364251 - 04/03/13 12:08 AM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
That's one lucky dog..!

#364260 - 04/03/13 06:20 AM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The only way this boat gets sold is if I'm moving up to a larger one, which isn't likely at this stage of the game. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#364261 - 04/03/13 06:35 AM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
Tostie Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Boo,

The marina rates are outrageous, far higher than the mid-Atlantic region.

Just curious, I'm also used to go on holiday with a sailing yacht, but what are the rates over there? In Europe I pay for a 12m yacht roughly between 30 (Netherlands) - 100 euros (South of France/London) a night during holiday. Is this equal to the U.S.?

Best Regards,

Joost

#364267 - 04/03/13 08:07 AM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Joost, the marina rates here vary considerably, but just to give you an idea, my boat, which I own - not rent, is 33-feet long and the monthly fee to keep it tied to a concrete bulkhead in Marathon Key, Florida was U.S. $754, plus another $20 for 30-ampere electrical connection.

If you wanted to rent a 12m sailing yacht, roughly 36-feet long, the cost here is $320 to $460 per day if you don't require a captain or crew. If you do require a captain, the price is usually about $200 more per day.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#364272 - 04/03/13 08:37 AM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
Tostie Offline

Thank you for the answer.

It's my parents yacht, so I don't rent one as well wink That monthly fee you mention is quite outrageous compared to West-European standards. The yearly fee for a fixed mooring berth is approximately 3000 euro, including the costs for putting the yacht on shore during the winter. That's almost 2,5 times cheaper...

But it is good to know what the rates are, if I ever want to hire something on holiday.

Best Regards,

Joost

#364300 - 04/03/13 02:55 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Winter storage fees are a bit less, but not significantly. Winter storage in Marathon would have cost me about $500 per month, while at home in Maryland it's about $650 for the entire winter. Like I said, the fees vary quite a bit, depending upon your location. My marina charge for April through October is $2,000 for the entire 7-month period. In the Florida Keys, the cost would have been more than $5,000 for the same period.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#364308 - 04/03/13 03:21 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Gary,

I don't dare put a sunset of this Western Slope area dropping over the Colorado Monument in my back yard let alone a sunrise over the Grand Mesa (the largest flat-top mountain on Earth) at about 11-12 thousand feet, just East of me.

I'm telling you if they had crabs, shrimp and crayfish here, it would already be paradise.

Do a google search for "Colorado National Monument" and click on images. The entrance is about 4 miles from my home and part of it is visible from my kitchen window and my yard.

Google "Colorado Grand Mesa" too.

Edited by brickboo (04/03/13 03:24 PM)

#364313 - 04/03/13 04:20 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Boo, they need crabs, shrimp, crawdads, oysters, 80-degree temperatures in the winter, palm trees, sugar-white sand, turquoise blue water, then it would be paradise. wink

Gary cool

#364325 - 04/03/13 06:24 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Gary, when you lay brick for a living all your life 80 degrees is miserable. For me 50 to 65 is terrific or even 70 degrees for golfing, fishing, selling hot dogs, riding a bike, jogging, drinking coffee at the coffee shop, running around with a flannel shirt and not sweating. Man I despise having to swim all day or take 3 or 4 showers a day because of the heat.

I shower once a month whether I need it or not. Ha ha! Can't do that. Penny's not a saint like Carol. If I were a Catholic, I have Carol Canonized St. Carol just for putting up with you. The church could use the lift. Oh, and Sue is in the same boat as Carol putting up with Don. Both of those ladies are Saints.

#364327 - 04/03/13 06:55 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

I'll tell her you said that, Boo.

Gary cool

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online