SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#364226 - 04/02/13 03:58 PM Finally made it home...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
After six months away from the People's Republic of Maryland, I've returned to my loving spouse. Yes, she let me in the house, and at this moment she's cooking supper for me.

I arrived yesterday and was greeted by nasty winds, freezing cold temperatures, a blast of winter during early spring. Damned I really miss Marathon Key, Florida, those sugar-white beaches, swaying palm trees, turquoise blue waters and balmy 75 to 85 degree temperatures.

I also miss playing for the ladies in the Tiki Bars, marinas and restaurants. As soon as one of the ADs found out I was home, she called my wife and booked me for 2 p.m. tomorrow afternoon. Hardly had time to take a shower before the telephone began ringing.

I went back to the boat today to clear out the gear that went south with me, shorts, short sleeved shirts, sandals, flip-flops, island attire. The boat is a real mess right now, but in a couple weeks I'll have it looking like new again and ready for a summer of sailing Chesapeake Bay.

When I got to the marina yesterday afternoon, the lady that owns the place told me to bring my booking calendar with me the next time I come to the boat so she can set up at least three marina parties. Sure wish I was 20 years younger. wink

I'm thinking seriously about a PSR-950, and hopefully, within the next few weeks or so I'll get to put my grubby hands on one so I can check it out in person. Everyone I talk with that owns one cannot say enough great things about this keyboard.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#364229 - 04/02/13 04:36 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... did you come across many 950 owners in the Keys?

BTW ... Your wife is a SAINT !!! ... in fact, I think from now on I will call her St. Carol ...
Did Luke remember you ??? grin

#364232 - 04/02/13 04:38 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

I arrived yesterday and was greeted by nasty winds, freezing cold temperatures, a blast of winter ...

Gary cool

Oh, WAIT ... that wasn't the WEATHER Gary was talking about, it was St. Carol !!! rotfl

#364233 - 04/02/13 05:09 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
billyhank Offline

Gary,

Glad to hear you are safely home again.
The dream trip of a lifetime all done now - so what is next for you?

Bill G

#364237 - 04/02/13 06:35 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

No 950 owners in the keys, at least at Marathon and Key West.

St. Carol must still love me. She made supper tonight, I'm doing the laundry, and tomorrow I'm back to work.

Good to be home, but damned it's cold - just 33 outside right now.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#364241 - 04/02/13 06:59 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Gary where the hell you been? Just kidding! Too many bills, relatives, kids,grandchildren to pull up and move near Eddie or where ever?

#364243 - 04/02/13 08:00 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Boo,

The biggest problem with moving to Eddie's part of the world is everyone seems to want to move there. Consequently, it's the lowest paying market in the nation when it comes to musical entertainers, at least entertainers that play for the older crowds. Gotta make a living, and in south Florida, especially the Keys, it's pretty difficult. The cost of living there is very high, and the pay-scale is is very low. If you can't work at least two jobs a day, and possibly three, you cannot survive - even if you live aboard your boat. The marina rates are outrageous, far higher than the mid-Atlantic region.

As for living aboard the boat, I don't have a problem with it, but St. Carol, well, lets just say she wouldn't even consider it for a long weekend, let alone the rest of her life. Her idea of a boat big enough to live aboard is one that is well out of the price range of just about everyone on the forum, other than maybe Captain Russ.

This one might be acceptable, but not certain.

This one may fit the bill, though.

This one, my current boat, NAH!

Either way, down south the sunsets are breathtaking. Just a typical sunset at Marathon's Boot Key Harbor. Shot this one just before I began my regular, Saturday evening performance at the marina Tiki Hut.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#364244 - 04/02/13 08:09 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

So your selling the boat?

#364245 - 04/02/13 08:42 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

I say "NO WAY!!!" ... that's going to be Gary's winter get-away for years to come ... grin

#364246 - 04/02/13 09:16 PM Re: Finally made it home... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Dnj

I say "NO WAY!!!" ... that's going to be Gary's winter get-away for years to come ... grin

Get away or dog house? rotf2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online