SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#364034 - 03/30/13 03:10 AM Re: Need help from any Yamaha PSR user [Re: DonM]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
If I have to hit the chord again, I lost the game, cause you have to be fast in order to correct this problem,I am working with 9/8 and various other rhythms and from what it looks like, only the KORG's and Roland's have this feature.

#364048 - 03/30/13 08:45 AM Re: Need help from any Yamaha PSR user [Re: DonM]
vangelis Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Well you have hit the chord again too. It's a matter of timing.

Thanks! Don, with a little practice I got it, you have to first raise your hand off the chords, then hit the sync start button once and almost at the same time lower your finger and play a chord, it's hard because sometimes you miss, need lots of practice, well I see that KORG,KETRON and ROLAND have this feature which YAMAHA does not.

#364060 - 03/30/13 10:29 AM Re: Need help from any Yamaha PSR user [Re: vangelis]
Beakybird Offline

Yamaha doesn't have this, and they should. In that situation, I would hit the sync/start button and then immediately play the next chord - but if you do it in the wrong order, you have some uncomfortable silence - you screwed up.

#364063 - 03/30/13 11:18 AM Re: Need help from any Yamaha PSR user [Re: vangelis]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
If memory serves me...Yamaha USED to have it on the PSR 5700. I miss it...but Don's method has served me well.
Eddie

#364140 - 04/01/13 12:51 PM Re: Need help from any Yamaha PSR user [Re: vangelis]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
get better singers.
smile

#364147 - 04/01/13 01:05 PM Re: Need help from any Yamaha PSR user [Re: vangelis]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
rocker Amen

#364223 - 04/02/13 03:47 PM Re: Need help from any Yamaha PSR user [Re: vangelis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Actually, Yamaha does have this feature. Merely press the + and - tempo buttons at the same time and the timing will revert to whatever the original tempo of the style is. It's that easy.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#364225 - 04/02/13 03:55 PM Re: Need help from any Yamaha PSR user [Re: travlin'easy]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Actually, Yamaha does have this feature. Merely press the + and - tempo buttons at the same time and the timing will revert to whatever the original tempo of the style is. It's that easy.

Good Luck,

Gary cool

confused confused Gary rough water getting to you..

Edited by Fran Carango (04/02/13 03:56 PM)

#364227 - 04/02/13 04:05 PM Re: Need help from any Yamaha PSR user [Re: vangelis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran, you're right about the rough water. The past week has been horrendous, winds to 45 knots, waves to 8 feet, and temperatures much lower than my age. Two days ago, while motor-sailing north in the widest part of Chesapeake Bay we encountered the passage of a huge cold front. Fortunately, the winds were mostly astern, which made the ride a bit easier, but nevertheless, dangerous at times. It was imperative to keep the boat pointed perfectly downwind to prevent a massive wave from crashing over the stern of the boat and into the cockpit.

Now that I'm home, I still have my sea legs, which anyone that has been on a boat for days on end, especially in rough weather, knows what I'm talking about. Walking, driving a car, standing, sitting, it still feels like you are still on a rocking boat. After a good night or two on dry land, the feeling goes away and your inner ear stops trying to compensate for the constant motion of the boat.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#364256 - 04/03/13 03:28 AM Re: Need help from any Yamaha PSR user [Re: travlin'easy]
vangelis Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

Good Luck,

Gary cool

Well, I tried that, and it just shows the Tempo on the screen, it does not restart the tempo from the beginning, maybe this feature is for the TYROS not the PSR-700

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online