SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#363760 - 03/25/13 01:42 PM Volumes of AUDYA's FILLS... a Big Time Shortcoming
leezone Offline

i'd like to know why you can't set the volumes of FILLS without having it changing the volumes of the Arranger parts A,B,C,D respectively.

can't choose a different kit, can't choose different volumes, can't have different FX for Fills & Arranger parts

seems FILLS are tied to arranger parts (kits, volumes, effects, etc)

BUT BREAKS are independent

i need to be able to set my FILL volumes, kits, FX independently

this is beyond incomprehensible...

#363765 - 03/25/13 03:21 PM Re: Volumes of AUDYA's FILLS... a Big Time Shortcoming [Re: leezone]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Why do you need to change the volume of the fills outside of the arranger part the fill is designed for? If they are set at a different volume to the arranger parts then surely they will sound weird when activated?

#363780 - 03/25/13 07:55 PM Re: Volumes of AUDYA's FILLS... a Big Time Shortcoming [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

I like my drums just a bit louder on the fills
And sometimes my fills may have a single bass note, held, which I want a bit louder
And maybe I want that bass, for that 1 note or run to be a slap bass instead of the finger bass on its "corresponding" arranger part
Or maybe I want a different drum kit because I like the toms of another kit, just for the break
Perhaps I just want a bit more reverb on my fills

Need more reasons? wink

Why must we conform to the "norm"?
Why limit our creativity?

Edited by leezone (03/25/13 07:56 PM)

#363798 - 03/26/13 06:04 AM Re: Volumes of AUDYA's FILLS... a Big Time Shortcoming [Re: leezone]
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
I agree Leezone, I would like the fills a little louder also
so they would stand out a little. Most of them are almost
transparent and unnoticeable.

gary

#363799 - 03/26/13 06:10 AM Re: Volumes of AUDYA's FILLS... a Big Time Shortcoming [Re: leezone]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I guess its a case of

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time

John Lydgate

#363808 - 03/26/13 09:39 AM Re: Volumes of AUDYA's FILLS... a Big Time Shortcoming [Re: leezone]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I don't own an Audya (yet) but here is my educated guess: if Leezone refers to the audio drums obviously there is nothing that can be done, but if he refers to a midi drum track there is always the possibility of editing the velocity of the single notes (to make them louder), or one could choose a different drum kit (to solve the "toms" issue). I think that, in style edit mode, it should be possible to insert a program change number at the beginning of the measure, to call a different sound (like a slap bass instead of a "regular" one). So, with a bit of work, everything can be done.

#363817 - 03/26/13 12:00 PM Re: Volumes of AUDYA's FILLS... a Big Time Shortcoming [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

"you can’t please all of the people all of the time"

yes you can, if you give us the option of having FILLS independent of its Arranger Parts (i'm talking MIDI)

editing velocity of single notes on Audya?
maybe if the Audya had micro-editing which it does not
i don't want a different drum kit because maybe that drum kit that has those Killer Toms have a bad kick drum/snare drum

you see what i mean?

#363821 - 03/26/13 12:33 PM Re: Volumes of AUDYA's FILLS... a Big Time Shortcoming [Re: leezone]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Yes, I understand - but sadly you cant micro edit real audio unfortunately and not many of us use midi styles, unless its to replace the midi drums with audio ones.

I am not saying it is right for them to have left out the ability to edit the fills or individual midi drum levels in the fills, but If ketron made the Audya so it did absolutely everythng that everyone wanted it would be far more money and far more complex.

#363824 - 03/26/13 12:40 PM Re: Volumes of AUDYA's FILLS... a Big Time Shortcoming [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

i don't think making Fills independent would raise price of Audya or complicate anything

i mean you can do it with breaks, why not fills?

i think this is an easy fix/addition....

#363866 - 03/27/13 01:28 AM Re: Volumes of AUDYA's FILLS... a Big Time Shortcoming [Re: leezone]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Originally Posted By: leezone

i don't want a different drum kit because maybe that drum kit that has those Killer Toms have a bad kick drum/snare drum

So this means that in the Audya you can't edit a drum kit, substituting one kick or one snare with another or importing your own drum samples? Am I correct?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online