SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#363468 - 03/19/13 06:10 PM Tyros4 vs PA3x61 - Trade anyone?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Mine's MINT - yours should be too. I have a case (soft) for it, if you want - I will ship in the original carton with insurance. Not a scratch on it - I'll pay my shipping - you pay yours. Sound good? I just don't want two of the same kb at home - lets horse trade!
smile
(E80 plus cash considered)

#363475 - 03/19/13 06:23 PM Re: Tyros4 vs PA3x61 - Trade anyone? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Don't forget my Line Six Variax 500 with POD XTlive is also available for you guitar guys! I'm WIDE open to all trades ....
Just itchy, is all.

#363504 - 03/20/13 07:18 AM Re: Tyros4 vs PA3x61 - Trade anyone? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
UD, Just keep the Pa3x and double your pleasure, nothing like owning both. cool2

#363561 - 03/20/13 06:27 PM Re: Tyros4 vs PA3x61 - Trade anyone? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I can only play one at a time! - I only work 2-3 times a month until summer. I want a new toy!
smile

#363580 - 03/21/13 02:20 AM Re: Tyros4 vs PA3x61 - Trade anyone? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I only play one at a time, but some days I like steak other days lobster. wave I was always restless with arrangers, like the feature set of some and not the feature set of others. This is the first time in years I finally seem to be happy by having both. I don't see myself changing arrangers for quite a few years to come...........but ya just never know. grin

Edited by Stephenm52 (03/21/13 03:52 AM)

#363607 - 03/21/13 01:05 PM Re: Tyros4 vs PA3x61 - Trade anyone? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I can only play one at a time! - I only work 2-3 times a month until summer. I want a new toy!
smile

ebay time wink

#363612 - 03/21/13 02:30 PM Re: Tyros4 vs PA3x61 - Trade anyone? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

NO! No eBay ... my friends get the deal, or I sit on it.
smile

#364852 - 04/12/13 09:42 AM Re: Tyros4 vs PA3x61 - Trade anyone? [Re: Stephenm52]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Hi Stephen. Out of my own personal interest, since you decided on both the T and the K, what made you not have the Audya as the second keyboard? I'm still back where I was 18 months ago, not being able to choose between them (to have just one arranger) mainly because there's no stores, e.g. Sam Ash or Guitar Center that have on on the floor, or even stock them. So, since you're a dedicated and happy arranger player, I'm wondering what you may know that I should consider in preferring the T and K over the Audya. I heard that Audya came out with a new 5.0 operating system that was supposed to have taken care of all the bugs, including drum timing issues. The earlier OS complaints were one of the main things that kept me away. I think I've read every article and forum about the three arrangers and there are loyalists and bashers for all three models. BTW I strongly prefer having a 76/73 kb over a 61 (unless they're too weak in the sound department) so that might narrow it down for me between the Korg and the Audya. But then again the Tyros, I believe, has great sounding quality patches, and in the end, the sound is what it's all about. Any info about your thought process would be greatly appreciated. Perplexed, Hal

#364853 - 04/12/13 09:46 AM Re: Tyros4 vs PA3x61 - Trade anyone? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Hi Dave, I'm curious about why you're not considering the Audya instead of the Tyros. You can see the note I just wrote to Stephen asking his advice cause I'm looking to buy among the 3 arrangers. I'd appreciate any thoughts you have about the Audya based on the info I put in my last reply to Stephen. Thanks much. Hal

#364936 - 04/14/13 04:34 PM Re: Tyros4 vs PA3x61 - Trade anyone? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Hi guys,
I've owned and loved Ketron products in the past, but I am not a "Ferrari" guy ... I like universal appeal - something I can sell if I need to, and I like a more convention approach. Yamaha and Korg give me this. I want 15 of my friends to be able to swap stories, files and tips on what I use ... Ketron just can't compete yet. I love our Prince AJ, and his personal conviction and support is unparalleled, but I am too fickle to own an expensive tool that has a niche market.

Right now ... I still love the idea that I have my Korg in it's place of honor (atop my Rhodes suitcase), and the s950 will lightly go to the job with me and provide the in my face monitoring I miss. I don't want a Tyros anymore .. I just didn't want 2 PA3xs ... too much money to be tied up in a duplicate piece.

My new plan is to record and tweak on the Korg ... drop onto USB and take the files that need to be specific from the audio player - the bulk of the night will still be manual bass or arranger styles with RH chording. I bought a TC voice Live playGTX and that filled the gap that Yamaha's harmonizer left ... plus gives me looping and guitar effects! I'm excited for my summer now. I just have to get through with "Fiddler on the Roof", graduation and our Spring concert. Then it's ... (cue surf sounds...) "On the way to Cape maaaaayyyy"
smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online