SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#363444 - 03/19/13 01:17 PM Re: Keyclicks......Ketron and Yamaha together [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

This was during the second half of the concert. During the interval they ask for requests - and have no idea what they are going to play. Ian made a playlist of around 30 songs from bits of paper the audience had scribbled on and made a note of what key to play thme in..the rest just comes naturally. They have been playing together since they were 18 - but this was the first time for a year....no rehersal. I don't know many people who could do what they do without rehersing!

#363445 - 03/19/13 01:25 PM Re: Keyclicks......Ketron and Yamaha together [Re: Dnj]
leezone Offline

Dnj

i bet the audience was REALLY digging Richard Bower's song @ 5:42-6:15
i saw a head bopping for sure

Edited by leezone (03/19/13 01:25 PM)

#363446 - 03/19/13 01:30 PM Re: Keyclicks......Ketron and Yamaha together [Re: leezone]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
Dnj

I'll reserve opinion here not to offend anyone.
It's just not my cup of tea....that's all I'll say. frown

#363447 - 03/19/13 01:31 PM Re: Keyclicks......Ketron and Yamaha together [Re: Tonewheeldude]
leezone Offline

TWD

i appreciate the video

not to take anything away from these 2, BUT
Robert Mess. is still MY all-time favorite when demoing anything...

and i really wish people would take some time to get some good audio.
is it too hard to record good audio these days?
i think not

am i picky?
i think so... wink

#363448 - 03/19/13 01:32 PM Re: Keyclicks......Ketron and Yamaha together [Re: leezone]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Dnj

They played Amarillo earlier and got everyone joining in wink
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Dnj

I'll reserve opinion here not to offend anyone.
It's just not my cup of tea....that's all I'll say. frown

Not completely mine either..but I appreciate good music and tallent whatever the music style. The thing is it was 100% requests...so there was a bit of everything in there, even some Theatre Organ and George Formby! shocked It kept the audience very happy though.

#363449 - 03/19/13 02:00 PM Re: Keyclicks......Ketron and Yamaha together [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

#363451 - 03/19/13 02:34 PM Re: Keyclicks......Ketron and Yamaha together [Re: Tonewheeldude]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
This was during the second half of the concert. During the interval they ask for requests - and have no idea what they are going to play. Ian made a playlist of around 30 songs from bits of paper the audience had scribbled on and made a note of what key to play thme in..the rest just comes naturally. They have been playing together since they were 18 - but this was the first time for a year....no rehersal. I don't know many people who could do what they do without rehersing!

TWD ...Believe me, I am not taking anything away from these guys as they are obviously very talented ... but when two -or more - musicians play together for a length of time, you get to know what the other person is thinking ... even being apart for a while does not destroy that - it is one of the great benefits of playing with other LIVE musicians for a long time ... and no doubt they have played these songs together countless times ... when you have a lot of talent and a lot of history together, it just flows ...

thank you for posting the vids ...

#363452 - 03/19/13 02:49 PM Re: Keyclicks......Ketron and Yamaha together [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

i agree totally - its unusual with this kind of musician though. Here in the UK we still have a reasonably strong arranger keyboard/organ entertainment sector with 'Organ Societies' (many ex Hammond Organ Societies) across the country. Various entertainers travel around to the societies, however not many would be able to perform without backing tracks..let alone play material they have not covered before with another artist.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online