SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#359546 - 01/25/13 06:46 PM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: mordicus]
judych Offline

Loc: Tasmania, Australia
hi there Serge... its good to meet you and thank you so much for this post.

How interesting is that ??...wow. i wonder if thats our problem?? you did read in my previous post where the tech had put some pressure on it and the sound was o.k. for a while... and then reverted back to the problems again?? what you say is interesting.

It would be imperative to use something that wouldnt conduct electricity, Im sure. So it worked with your piece of wood?? im going to copy your post and send it on if you dont mind.

I had an email from the people in England and it sounds as if they want us to send the mothering board over to them. We dont want to have to go to all that trouble if we can help it.... so anything is worth trying in the meantime. Thanks for the hint... will get back to you. regards judychesterman

#359551 - 01/25/13 09:49 PM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That would be great if your problem can be fixed with some resoldering.

#359552 - 01/25/13 09:54 PM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Judy, by the way you mentioned you had bought a service manual for the KN6500. Although there are sites that sell these they don't actually own the rights to them. Panasonic does. If you could attach it to an email to me nigelsp@synthzone.com I will put it in my Technics archive so other KN6500 owners can get it for free without buying it. It sort of sucks people have to buy it from sites that don't really own it.

#360281 - 02/04/13 02:08 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Judy,
Hope you find the fix for your board soon. Do you live down south in Hobart? I am up north in Devonport , but when I bought my Kn5000 all those years ago I went through Tony at Mc Canns Music in Hobart. He was keen with the Technics brand and played them himself. So, Have you had a talk with him at all? Just trying something ...... he may or may not help.

Allan

#360342 - 02/04/13 02:13 PM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: tassiespirit]
judych Offline

Originally Posted By: tassiespirit
Judy,
Hope you find the fix for your board soon. Do you live down south in Hobart? I am up north in Devonport , but when I bought my Kn5000 all those years ago I went through Tony at Mc Canns Music in Hobart. He was keen with the Technics brand and played them himself. So, Have you had a talk with him at all? Just trying something ...... he may or may not help.

Allan
hi there tassiespirit. great to know another taswegian is on board. lol. yes, im further south than Hobart. We live in the Huon valley, on the eastern seaboard. I know Tony really well. lol. In fact, the KN6500 we have we did buy off him, it was his personal keyboard. lol. I know that he is retired now..
we still have the keyboard in the repair shop but no joy so far. i dont think we are going to do any good. the man in England that was given to me to get in touch with has given me some more instructions on resetting the keyboard.. when we get it back we will try it ourselves. We have resigned ourselves to the fact that we cant get it fixed. im not going to send anything to England, its too much worry sending it all that way, so we are looking further afield now for another keyboard. we have decided to buy a Yamaha Tyron 4 arranger Workstation Keyboard. Im just going through some dealers now for the best buy. Weve had a long and fulfilling 'partnership in music ' with the Technics but we are moving on now.

#360344 - 02/04/13 02:17 PM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
judych Offline

Originally Posted By: judych
Originally Posted By: tassiespirit
Judy,

Allan
hi there tassiespirit. great to know another taswegian is on board. lol. yes, im further south than Hobart. We live in the Huon valley, on the eastern seaboard. I know Tony really well. lol. In fact, the KN6500 we have we did buy off him, it was his personal keyboard. lol. I know that he is retired now..
we still have the keyboard in the repair shop but no joy so far. i dont think we are going to do any good. the man in England that was given to me to get in touch with has given me some more instructions on resetting the keyboard.. when we get it back we will try it ourselves. We have resigned ourselves to the fact that we cant get it fixed. im not going to send anything to England, its too much worry sending it all that way, so we are looking further afield now for another keyboard. we have decided to buy a Yamaha Tyron 4 arranger Workstation Keyboard. Im just going through some dealers now for the best buy. Weve had a long and fulfilling 'partnership in music ' with the Technics but we are moving on now.

..more on this.... we actually have a technics 5000. it was the church keyboard that i used when i was in music ministry for about 12 years. its a great keyboard. in fact, we have it out now and are using it inbetween . i do take the 5000 out to play in other venues from time to time.
its great to talk with you.. do you still have yours?

#360396 - 02/05/13 01:21 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
Nigel Offline
Admin

We live in the Huon valley, on the eastern seaboard

I bet you have an Apple computer ... lol just an inside joke lol wink Huon Valley is well known for its apples.

#360397 - 02/05/13 01:33 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: Nigel]
judych Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
I bet you have an Apple computer ... lol just an inside joke lol wink Huon Valley is well known for its apples.
We live in the Huon valley, on the eastern seaboard

ROFL... SPOT ON ... hahahhaa... i have an iMAC. had her about a year now. 27 inch screen... she is beautiful. how did you guess ??....lol.

#360398 - 02/05/13 01:51 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: judych]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Sorry to hear that resoldering the chip on your 6500 wasn't going to help you fix the problem, I am sure you will love the Tyros 4. When I played a Tyros 4 the keyboard action really blew me away. It feels so good.

#360399 - 02/05/13 01:59 AM Re: technics KN6500. [Re: Nigel]
judych Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Sorry to hear that resoldering the chip on your 6500 wasn't going to help you fix the problem, I am sure you will love the Tyros 4. When I played a Tyros 4 the keyboard action really blew me away. It feels so good.
hi Nigel... we are feeling really sad about the technics, still hoping that something will come up at the last moment. Ive pretty much made up my mind that we are going to get a Tyros 4 though. Ray loves his music so much, its a huge part of his life. He would be unhappy without a good keyboard to use. Im going to go ahead and buy one... we arent young anymore and cant take the money with us, so what the heck ?? lol. Its a big investment but well worth the joy it will bring both of us. We both play. Our children are musical as well.... it will get a good workout. Im trying to get the best deal in Australia i can possibly get right now. Having the computer has been such a help in this area. I couldnt have made my move without the computer. I think Tyros 4 arranger workstation keyboard is so exciting... it really stirs me up. HOpefully will get me playing again like i used to. I know Ray will love it.

He says that they lose too much money once you take them out of the store... but what the heck ?? so does a car!! the keyboard would bring much more joy than having a car would, thats for sure. WE wouldnt have any intention of trying to get money back so its not an option. will let you know how we go.... wish me luck.. lol. Im paying about 5500.00.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online