SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#362887 - 03/11/13 08:06 AM Re: I want to share a song [Re: vagro]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Wow Victor, very inspirational!!

Do you play the whole bass line with pedals, or do you also use some "On Bass" keyboard chords? What chord recognition setting do you use?

The images in your YouTube videos are intriguing. I love how you've integrated pieces from different manufacturers to create a best-of-breed digital organ. Someday I would like to do something similar. Can you please post some detailed photos of your setup?

Thanks again for sharing your excellent work with the community! -Ted

#362908 - 03/11/13 03:13 PM Re: I want to share a song [Re: vagro]
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Thank you Sokratis and TedS.

TedS, I use the "On Bass" feature on the Yamaha arranger, which unfortunately is missing in the Korg. You can see my set up in the YouTube videos. When I have some time I will post pictures also.
Feel free to contact me by mail if you need any information.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#362926 - 03/11/13 11:16 PM Re: I want to share a song [Re: vagro]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Korg's have an 'On Bass' function. I think it is called Bass Inversion...

I can't think of a contemporary arranger (at least none but the very cheapest) that doesn't have this feature, nowadays. Oh, other than the MS!

#362944 - 03/12/13 07:25 AM Re: I want to share a song [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Diki

Yes, it is Bass Inversion ...

#362960 - 03/12/13 10:36 AM Re: I want to share a song [Re: Diki]
vagro Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

I can't think of a contemporary arranger (at least none but the very cheapest) that doesn't have this feature, nowadays. Oh, other than the MS!

No Diki, the Yamaha "on bass" function is not the same than the "bass inversion" function also available in Yamaha and Korg arrangers.
The "on bass" feature is determined in the Midi Receive settings and allows to trigger the bass note with an external controller, in my case the pedalboard. If the note matches the root chord that the style is playing you get the regular bass pattern if, let's say, your left hand is playing a C chord and you press a G note on the pedal the arranger keeps rhytmicaly playing the G note.
I hope I made myself clear enough in English.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#362964 - 03/12/13 11:06 AM Re: I want to share a song [Re: vagro]
tony mads usa Offline

I don't play pedals, and you may be aware of this already, but on the Pa600 if I have the Bass Inversion on for a song like Bob Dylan's "To Make You Feel My Love" and play the following chord progression:
D, A/C#, CM,GM/B, Gm/Bb, Bm/A, GM, AM, D
the bass will play D, C#, C, B, Bb, G, A, D

Not sure if this is the same as what you are accomplishing with your pedals ...

Edited by tony mads usa (03/12/13 11:07 AM)

#362968 - 03/12/13 12:25 PM Re: I want to share a song [Re: tony mads usa]
vagro Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
I don't play pedals, and you may be aware of this already, but on the Pa600 if I have the Bass Inversion on for a song like Bob Dylan's "To Make You Feel My Love" and play the following chord progression:
D, A/C#, CM,GM/B, Gm/Bb, Bm/A, GM, AM, D
the bass will play D, C#, C, B, Bb, G, A, D

Not sure if this is the same as what you are accomplishing with your pedals ...

Tony let's make it simpler. Bass inversion plays the lowest note of the chord. On bass plays the note played by the external midi controller (pedal) independently of whatever chord you play, even if that note is not played in that chord.
I could accomplish something similar in the Korg by using bass inversion plus a second chord recognition input from the pedal which is the lowest note (the chord is made up by the midi notes from the left hand chord and the pedal note) but this also changes the chord played with the left hand and everytime I lift my foot from the pedal (eg. to play the next note) while pressing the keyboard with my left hand, the bass note changes to the lowest note of the chord played with my hand.

Edited by vagro (03/12/13 12:28 PM)

#362993 - 03/12/13 05:56 PM Re: I want to share a song [Re: vagro]
tony mads usa Offline

WOW ... just ANOTHER reason why I never played organ ... wink ... or DRUMS ... my brain can only take care of two things at one time ... and often has trouble doing THAT ...
darthvader

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online