Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#362505 - 03/03/13 10:23 AM Re: Roland E60 - still worth it? [Re: DAN.2000]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
You don't need this smile

Ahh Dan, MUCHO respect man you know that, but while you know a bit about what I am doing, you are not aware of all of it though wink

Dennis

#362506 - 03/03/13 10:37 AM Re: Roland E60 - still worth it? [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: Dnj

what are you actually trying to do musically in the first place I'm a bit confused? confused1

Well, I'm not confused m8, and that's all that matters hey smile..by the way the bold font I used was only so you could see there was also a response to you in the same post to BBBB

D

Whatever it is I hope it all works out for you good luck

#362508 - 03/03/13 11:29 AM Re: Roland E60 - still worth it? [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Thx m8, perhaps you would be better off researching your keyboard and speaker system for next month wink

Dennis

#362509 - 03/03/13 11:37 AM Re: Roland E60 - still worth it? [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden

Thx m8, perhaps you would be better off researching your keyboard and speaker system for next month wink

Dennis

No way,....the S950 is here to stay for now,......
in fact after using it with TWO HK Lukas Audio Nano 300 systems at last nights gig I'm slowly entertaining the notion to KEEP them both!!!as they really sound amazing! cool2
I guess I'm sentimental to KORG as it was my first arranger SAs20 1980's, but now "Brand Loyal" to Yamaha as I keep coming back again and again. wink

#362510 - 03/03/13 11:47 AM Re: Roland E60 - still worth it? [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

..........but now "Brand Loyal" to Yamaha as I keep coming back again and again. wink

So guess that means you DO support brand loyalty as opposed to your seemingly contradicting statement here : http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/362427/Is_Brand_loyalty_important#Post362427

wink and a BIG one at that!!

D

#362516 - 03/03/13 01:04 PM Re: Roland E60 - still worth it? [Re: miden]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Dennis, I wouldn't call Donny 'brand loyal' as he constantly drops Yamaha at the first possible chance every time something new comes out. There must be SOMETHING that is incredibly dissatisfying about them to have done this so many times!

But I wouldn't call him 'brand smart' either, as all of us know from long experience that every time he DOES drop the Yamaha, he will wax poetic about whatever he gets to replace it, gush over how great it is, tell everyone with a Yamaha what a doofus they are for not following his lead, then one day out of the blue (almost mid-sentence!) he will announce he is back on Yamaha again.

And we all act surprised, just to humor him! As is we didn't know it was coming the day he sold the old one - so, not 'brand smart'! What a waste of time and money, doing the same thing over and over again, to end back where you started..! Donny, we say this out of love (right!), but give the other brands a rest. You are going to be on a Yamaha for the rest of your days...

And now the pool starts for when Donny will get rid of the S950 and get whatever else just came out... I've got $5 on two years. But that's cheating, as it is usually two years, ain't it? LOL

#362519 - 03/03/13 01:18 PM Re: Roland E60 - still worth it? [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

All my KB investments and that all they are to me have been very successful financially,...so after a month or so of gigs they are pretty much paid back and it's all profit after that as it should be. As my mentor Uncle Dave always used to say
"everything I have is for sale" and I agree with him,.....and for the busy working Pro musician it's just gear and can be replaced if needed or desire to, keep, sell, who cares?...if it makes me happy & I can make a living I do it baby,any questions?

Edited by Dnj (03/03/13 01:23 PM)

#362521 - 03/03/13 01:47 PM Re: Roland E60 - still worth it? [Re: miden]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
But that month or so is a loss... when it needn't be. Nor is the time you spend setting up your act for an axe all of us KNOW you will be ditching in a few months' time.

#362522 - 03/03/13 01:52 PM Re: Roland E60 - still worth it? [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

It's never a loss.......as the profits from gigs "always" exceed and surpass the cost of the investment so many times over it's a win win situation ALWAYS!

#362524 - 03/03/13 01:55 PM Re: Roland E60 - still worth it? [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
if it makes me happy & I can make a living I do it baby,any questions?

And that's all that really matters. I think everyone can make good music on all modern arrangers ... and even older arrangers. They all have strengths and weaknesses and it is all a matter of what you find you can or can't live with. I totally understand Donny. His work supports him being able to own many of the keyboards available to see what works best for him at that point in technology. And it makes perfect sense that he commends the strengths he finds despite the inevitable weaknesses that show themselve after practical use. While that may not be how others are it is of no consequence. Sounds like fun to me !!!
clap

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online