SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#361654 - 02/18/13 08:59 AM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Do you think the chord sequencer should QUANTIZE the chords when they are replayed?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#361660 - 02/18/13 09:12 AM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Probably a good idea Dan, but make it a function that a user can choose to use or not...sometimes a user may want an odd timing, although I have always found PC quantizing to be less than optimal, even when "groove" based as those on Sonar and other DAW software are...

But I still think it would be a useful function smile

Dennis

#361689 - 02/18/13 11:34 AM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It's a handy option, but needs user control, per Performance. User needs to be able to select 1/4 note, 1/8th note, 1/8th note swing, 1/16th note and swing version (for those really slow tunes!) at best.

It might be nice to have a 'post quantize' button, so you can pick and choose, but no hardware CS has had this feature yet.

Personally, I have always wanted a quantize option to help with making MIDI files from arranger output. Get the timing a hair off, and you get swamped with all those little 'glitch' notes and portamento commands to pop the 'wrong' note up to the 'right' pitch.

Might as well, while you're at it, see if the Chord Sequence can be saved, and Linked to a Performance (or Songbook entry). That's something everybody keeps asking for over at Korg's forum.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online