SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#361739 - 02/18/13 06:49 PM Re: G70 video..interesting example of playing live. [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Sorry guys...I still am not a fan of Karma...Arps and Stutter...anoys me to no end..

There is not a venue that I work that this will do..

It is for noise artist...Modern day useless music...scratching DJ stuff, and boring arps ..same old ..same old...

As you can tell.. for me...NOT!!!

Same thing as I disliked on the workstations I owned..even the JunoG and Juno Stage....Arps and chord assigned keys....They just don't work for me...

I honestly can't think of any musician friends ..that would want to take a Karma anything to a job..

PS: I did watch the video..almost made it to the end, but the repetition got to me...

#361740 - 02/18/13 07:25 PM Re: G70 video..interesting example of playing live. [Re: Fran Carango]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
No offence Fran, but that is the view of yet another person who really has no idea of what Karma can do, apart from the Noise Artist stuff as you call it...

It can do jazz swing just as well - even a Bossa wink

By the way, not related but check this link... no karma but you want left hand bass....sheesh
http://www.karma-lab.com/vp/klvp2.html

Back to your post.....

rotf2 Chord assigned keys?? And the arranger does what??????

Dennis

#361742 - 02/18/13 08:20 PM Re: G70 video..interesting example of playing live. [Re: miden]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
No offence Fran, but that is the view of yet another person who really has no idea of what Karma can do, apart from the Noise Artist stuff as you call it...

It can do jazz swing just as well - even a Bossa wink

By the way, not related but check this link... no karma but you want left hand bass....sheesh
http://www.karma-lab.com/vp/klvp2.html

Dennis, My chord assigned keys comment was about the Juno's...and much different than arranger features..

Karma is just too busy, and not musical to me...For guys that what to perform with groove boxes, maybe Karma will work for them...no one that I know will want to use Karma to gig...

Why would you not rather play over sequences...than unpredictable random arps...Like I said not for me...

If this stuff makes you happy..buy into it..

BTW: Karma didn't help Open Labs...they folded, shortly after incorporated Karma...coincidence I guess..

#361744 - 02/18/13 08:30 PM Re: G70 video..interesting example of playing live. [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Dennis, BTW: although similar...I used a bequine drum pattern, and not a bossanova on my video clip.. smile

#361747 - 02/18/13 09:30 PM Re: G70 video..interesting example of playing live. [Re: Fran Carango]
miden Offline

ahh well it was really only a figure of speech (the bossa reference) , but fair enough wink

#361749 - 02/18/13 09:32 PM Re: G70 video..interesting example of playing live. [Re: Fran Carango]
miden Offline

That's the thing it (Karma)can be as predictable or as unpredictable as you like...USER choice, not factory choice smile

Unfortunately you are painting this with such wildly generic references that is is not really worth saying much more...

I still enjoyed your demo though smile

Dennis

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online