Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#361292 - 02/13/13 03:43 PM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Diki
LOL...where's that iOS app for the Korg? LOL

The PA3x already has almost every triggerable option hardwired on the front panel already!
smile

#361296 - 02/13/13 04:45 PM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The real trick with CS apps is to be able to chop off the live input at the 'Play' boundary. In other words, if you are still holding down the chord, as far as the CS app is concerned, it ends at the bar boundary.

A CS has a few significant differences to a sequencer. On the one hand, it's really only ever dealing with one channel's input (the NTA channel) and outputting one channel, but it has to do a little bit of housework to tidy up the input once the loop is determined. And with a CS, the loop length isn't decided until the users SAYS so! But I still don't see how it wouldn't be anything difficult for someone capable of a normal sequencing app.

I once tried to find out whether Ableton Live could be used, as it has a live audio looper, and MIDI capability, but I could never get a response from Tech Support or the forum. Anyone know a Live 'power user'?

#361300 - 02/13/13 05:10 PM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
No midi support of this type until Live 9 afaik DIki. I currently have live 8, but have never really used it apart from doodling, for this very reason. I am waiting on 9 to be released so I can upgrade.

Live is part of my new "strategy" re playing "style" type backing tracks, but not using styles per se...

Dennis

#361308 - 02/13/13 06:51 PM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Keep me posted, then Dennis. As soon as it can loop MIDI like it loops audio, we are good to go.

#361309 - 02/13/13 06:53 PM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Sure will smile

I also think you are seeing where I am going with this too smile Cool!

D

#361473 - 02/16/13 12:03 PM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: miden]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I am now adding the Chord Sequencer to vArranger.

Diki. Is 2 buttons are OK?

One for REC and one for PLAY?

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#361475 - 02/16/13 12:07 PM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

You really need three. Record, Play, Stop.

Then there are other considerations, like if you play anything in the Chord Recognition area, does it get ignored, does it get added to the sequence, or does it over-ride it..?

#361476 - 02/16/13 12:09 PM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

TBH, as well as adding it to vArranger, a simple standalone app that would do it to incoming MIDI and simply spit out the sequence on a User designated NTA channel would, I think, sell very well to people that already have hardware arrangers...

#361478 - 02/16/13 12:29 PM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Why 3 buttons?

The Record button, can be pressed again to stop the recording
The Play button, can be pressed again to stop the chord sequence, and give back the control of the chords to the player.

In my view, if you play in the chord recognition, while the chord sequence is currently playing, it get ignored, but play the left hand sound .

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#361483 - 02/16/13 01:01 PM Re: Universal Chord Sequence app... [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

That's the way Roland did it, that's the way Korg do it. I guess, if you wanted to, one button could do it ALL, with double taps. But it is simpler, and less confusing, if there's a button for each function.

Generally, you hit Record to start the recording, then you hit Play to go into the loop. But if you need to play a bridge or something before you need the loop, you hit Stop. Then you hit Play when you needed the loop. And either Record to start a new loop or Stop if you wanted to go to you being in control.

Mostly, and with screen real estate being a non factor, I'd go with what is the simplest route. Plus, it's what they are used to doing.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online