SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#360989 - 02/10/13 02:33 PM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: travlin'easy]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I'm old fashioned - I still use a netbook PC, 9-inch screen. It does everything, and I don't have to squint to read the lyrics and tabs. wink

Gary cool

Yep neither do we on the high res ipads either wink wink

#360992 - 02/10/13 02:45 PM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
To each his own, of course, but as far as squinting is concerned, I can see the notes and lyrics better on the ipad because of the crystal clear retina image, and the fact that it is one foot from my face. I couldn't do that with the others without hiding my face to the audience. It extends a foot in and 5 inches above the keys, tilted up, so just a glance down is all I need.

Not saying mine is better,necessarily, but it sure works for me, and my eyesight sure ain't 20/20 anymore, by a long shot.

Edited by Bernie9 (02/10/13 02:47 PM)

#360993 - 02/10/13 02:54 PM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic

What about the size?

Size MATTERS ... no matter what they say ... rotfl

#361046 - 02/11/13 07:54 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Years ago a friend helped me with PC problems. He said if I stayed with IBM compatible I'd have neighbors who could help me. He said if I got apple he could not help me and neither would neighbors be able to help out. He said I would have to pay "BIG" bucks for an Apple geek techie.

1. Is this still true? Cause I still don't have big bucks!!

2. I was just yesterday reading a comparison of "Kindle" Vs Ipad. It even claimed that "Kindle" had a much better Picture or what ever the technical term is.

3. Does Kimble indeed not do the things that Ipad does. I saw a friends Kindle yesterday and was impressed.

Hey, at least help me out here. It will still be a while for me, but I still enjoy doing research. I'm hep to the fact that some of these folks writing articles are probably being paid for a favorable review.

I'm the sort that believes that the Universities are getting paid by Folger's and the rest to tell folks to drink 6 cups of coffee a day because it fights against alzheimer's, cancer and a million other things because of the amino acids in coffee.

Most things today could be a lie. It's all about what the Bible calls "GREED."

I really would like to know about the Kindle Vs Ipad.

#361050 - 02/11/13 08:23 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
billyhank Offline

I have both the Apple Ipad 3 and the Android tablet(Thrive) and I like both of them. I cant see a bit of difference between them regarding the display quality, tho the Ipad is supposed to be twice the resolution.

Laid on the side, the Thrive is one inch wider, but one quarter inch lower in height. The big plus about the Android is that you can use it just like a PC as far as plugging in USB sticks and having easy access to your files and moving files from tablet to PC. Unfortunately, the instrument manufacturers have embraced the Apple and they are producing apps for the Apple, but not the Android.

I do not know about the latest Kindle tablet, but the earlier were very limited.

I have not yet seen any reviews of the Microsoft tablet - maybe it will be a good way to go.

Bill

#361054 - 02/11/13 09:07 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: billyhank]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
There IS a reason why the good majority at least all the better music software is designed for apple.
Its a little thing called latency. Apple is way ahead in handling latency issues such as found in midi.
There are many wonderful music apps for Ipad that you do not get with android.

If you just need it for viewing lyrics either will work, but for midi apps I'll stick to apple until android can catch up.

#361057 - 02/11/13 10:09 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: BBBB]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I bought an pad and the Unreal Music App. It works great -- BUT---- I find my laptop does a much better job for lyrics and note written music.

My reasons.

1-I use a note writing program and if I wish to make any changes all I do is the make the changes; which includes transposing and press save – done.

2-When I open a page with a written song; on that same page I can add up to 10 songs and retrieve them with one click (On that same page) each page can be written as a set of songs.

3-I do the same with lyrics – more than one song when I open a file – page down and I go to the next song.

4-I use the VanBasco program for midi, it fills my needs. My Pa800 can play midi or Mp3. VanBasco displays the lyrics in a full screen and I can change the Key, Tempo, and Volume of each song and place the changes into the memory. It also saves any track I want deleted.

5-I use an Excel sheet to display over a 120 songs many of which have 3 to 6 songs embedded. That’s well over 160 songs – just one click and I am there. I have 3 different Excel sheets for different venues.

John C

#361058 - 02/11/13 10:15 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If you get a Mac, you don't NEED a tech geek! They just work...

I still have no virus programs, pop-up blockers or any of that PC stuff. 15+ years on broadband, not a single piece of malware yet.

Time Machine makes automatic backups a no brainer, they simply are the computer 'for the rest of us'.

Their included apps (full apps, not trialware that bugs you with popups even after you get the full program!) are designed so that you don't need to be a geek to use them.

And, push comes to shove, and you GOTS to run Windows programs, they will either run Windows in a shell inside OSX, or you can simply boot them up so they ARE a full Windows machine (there goes your security, mind you!). Two for the price of one...

Still waiting for Windows to be able to pull THAT trick off!

#361059 - 02/11/13 10:18 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
If you get a Mac, you don't NEED a tech geek! They just work...

I still have no virus programs, pop-up blockers or any of that PC stuff. 15+ years on broadband, not a single piece of malware yet.

Time Machine makes automatic backups a no brainer, they simply are the computer 'for the rest of us'.

Their included apps (full apps, not trialware that bugs you with popups even after you get the full program!) are designed so that you don't need to be a geek to use them.

And, push comes to shove, and you GOTS to run Windows programs, they will either run Windows in a shell inside OSX, or you can simply boot them up so they ARE a full Windows machine (there goes your security, mind you!). Two for the price of one...

Still waiting for Windows to be able to pull THAT trick off!

If Macs are so good why is it that the majority of computer users use PC?

#361061 - 02/11/13 10:59 AM Re: Does anything beat an iPad? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Dnj Offline

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online