SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#361304 - 02/13/13 05:55 PM Re: PA600 Question [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I couldn't find it. Sorry, must have been another keyboard.
DonM

Thanks just the same. Don ... The good thing about owning one kb for so many years was I never got confused as to what it did or didn't have ... grin

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I don't know of any, but the Modern Swing is a double time pattern - hit the tempo lock button and you can switch between patterns that way?

UD ... my PA600 doesn't have that style, but variation 3 of the Orchestral Swing does something similar ... I just cut the accomp to bass and drums and it sounds ok ...
thanks ...

#361310 - 02/13/13 06:58 PM Re: PA600 Question [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I still think the easiest solution here is simply a matched pair of Performances. For starters, you aren't limited to only one Variation for your double time, so you have a bit more flexibility and options, and you don't have to chop up anything...

Not sure about Yamaha's, but my Roland goes seamlessly from one Performance to the next and back, no glitches, no nothing. You can set up which Variation of the double time style will cue up when you switch Performances, so no hunting and pecking there.

At least on Roland's, I'd be willing to say this is MUCH faster to set up than copying Parts from one style to another. And Roland style editing seems to be able to do the same thing as the Yamaha (mix and match).

But, whatever floats your boat...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online