SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#360351 - 02/04/13 03:32 PM Re: The SZ Audio Drums vs Midi Drums Shootout [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Thank You for posting the PSR950 recordings. I did not think any Yamaha owners would man up actually - well done!

As Diki pointed out, At the moment we are comparing Mid range keyboards with Audya which is a little unfair, so we still need
Korg PA3X and Yamaha's Flagship the
Tyros 4 (which came out after the Audya so should be in the running)

With these so called Audio styles it is what it is right now...nothing more nothing less..honestly on the S950 some of the Jazz & Latin ones are really good grin ...but sadly on the other hand ones like in the R&B category are less then stellar to the point of unusable. frown So for now it pick and choose if you want to incorporate them into your repertoire, who know what the future will bring.I'm very happy with the Midi styles to a point that many of the same Yamaha styles that were on previous models can now be exchanged for the same ones on the S950 with much better quality sound. I hope this little demonstration has helped people understand Audio Drums a little better. cool2

Carry On

#360359 - 02/04/13 05:27 PM Re: The SZ Audio Drums vs Midi Drums Shootout [Re: montunoman]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman
Here’s my take after listening to each example. The Ketron Audya sounded most like a real drummer but a bit too busy for my taste. The Roland sounded the least realistic. The brushes, cymbal and especially the congas gave it a very unnatural sound. The Yamaha 950 seemed to strike the best balance as far as natural sound and feel. I hope we hear some Korg and compare some other styles. I really like these comparisons as it helps make more informed decisions. How many stores in the U.S. could you compare side by side a Ketron, Roland and Yamaha

Paul, we have a slight difference of opinion smile

I recall a time that I thought Roland cymbals seemed lack luster..everybody else was clanging loud, and seemed to be the normal..

Then I listened closely to real acoustic drums...Roland in fact is dead on...They are very realistic..

Roland V-drums are considered to be the best in the business..

They react to dynamics..and are not full on..They sound like acoustic sets...unmiked as they should..

What you mentioned as balanced with the Yamaha midi set..the ride is annoying at best..it is louder than the drums...Just as annoying as a lousy drummer grin

For you guys that are use to the unrealistic statis quote drums..Roland has the tools to make the drums and cymbals just as annoying if you like smirk

#360370 - 02/04/13 07:19 PM Re: The SZ Audio Drums vs Midi Drums Shootout [Re: Tonewheeldude]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
"status quote?" What the Hell is Status Quote? wink And, after patiently listening to all the posted drums, I agree with Paul. Of course, I'm old and deaf, therefore what I hear or say really doesn't count. smile smile smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#360379 - 02/04/13 09:37 PM Re: The SZ Audio Drums vs Midi Drums Shootout [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Thank You for posting the PSR950 recordings. I did not think any Yamaha owners would man up actually - well done!

As Diki pointed out, At the moment we are comparing Mid range keyboards with Audya which is a little unfair, so we still need
Korg PA3X and Yamaha's Flagship the
Tyros 4 (which came out after the Audya so should be in the running)

Hi Darren... Today I will create demos for my Pa3x...
However, I agree.... Audya is too much Live!!!!!
I am happy with my Audya!!!

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (02/04/13 09:39 PM)

#360404 - 02/05/13 02:53 AM Re: The SZ Audio Drums vs Midi Drums Shootout [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Ok... Here is and Pa3x demos...
I recorded in Cubase_6 from SPDIF (Digital Record 48khz), normalize and export to MP3 (320kbps)...

Swing Band.mp3

Acoustic Shufle.mp3

Bossa Nova.mp3

BeBop.mp3

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (02/05/13 02:57 AM)

#360409 - 02/05/13 04:36 AM Re: The SZ Audio Drums vs Midi Drums Shootout [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Dnj Offline

Sokratis nice job....I didn't like the resonance of the snare on the first demo swing band,.....but, the rest of them sounded real nice and live!

#360412 - 02/05/13 05:23 AM Re: The SZ Audio Drums vs Midi Drums Shootout [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Sokratis nice job....I didn't like the resonance of the snare on the first demo swing band,.....but, the rest of them sounded real nice and live!

I agree, but I guess the the beauty of midi- you can change the drum kits easily.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#360424 - 02/05/13 09:10 AM Re: The SZ Audio Drums vs Midi Drums Shootout [Re: Sokratis 1974]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Ok... Here is and Pa3x demos...
I recorded in Cubase_6 from SPDIF (Digital Record 48khz), normalize and export to MP3 (320kbps)...

Swing Band.mp3

Acoustic Shufle.mp3

Bossa Nova.mp3

BeBop.mp3

I love the BeBop Style Variation 4 that allows you to play 'fours' with the drummer ... when I was first trying this style on my Pa600 and the accomp stopped I thought 'what the heck is going on?!?' ... when I realized, it blew me away ... keys drums keys drums

#360432 - 02/05/13 11:15 AM Re: The SZ Audio Drums vs Midi Drums Shootout [Re: tony mads usa]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
OK, here's some BK-7m examples with the Master compressor off, but EQ still on (sounds a hair tubby on pro studio monitors, but will probably be better on computer speakers). BTW, recorded straight to the simple audio recorder in the BK-7m, then converted to MP3's in iTunes. No particular style selection, just a bunch of randomly selected ones...

Attachments
AcousticPop 1.mp3 (105 downloads)
Acoustic Pop 2.mp3 (30 downloads)

#360433 - 02/05/13 11:16 AM Re: The SZ Audio Drums vs Midi Drums Shootout [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Two more

Attachments
Toms Swing.mp3 (46 downloads)
Jazz 2.mp3 (37 downloads)

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online