SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#360467 - 02/05/13 04:32 PM I finally had nerve enough to try this
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Believe it or not, I've never played a gig without sound reinforcement. Most of my keyboards have not had on board speakers. I've been impressed with the ones on the S 950 but I haven't tried them on the job until today. I had a small NH job today that usually averages 10 to 15 people. Today there were over 20. I just used the keyboard speakers and it sounded great. I carried the Bose in just in case, but the board carried the room beautifully! There was the usual foot tapping, hand clapping and staff dancing around. I don't have many jobs this small, but this will sure be a plus when I do.

Joe

#360469 - 02/05/13 04:41 PM Re: I finally had nerve enough to try this [Re: Songman55]
Dnj Offline

Joe....Wtg....just another advantage of good onboard speakers like the ones on the S950...I have done quite a few as you have described also....its a beautiful thing!!

#360470 - 02/05/13 04:46 PM Re: I finally had nerve enough to try this [Re: Songman55]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Both the Kn7000 and my Pa800 fall in the same category – it’s nice to have good speakers on a keyboard for small events and in my home.

I read this here on SynthZone:
“Do not make your keyboard audio adjustments with the on board speakers, it will be different when you plug in on a job”.

Question – The volume control; depending where is put, changes the balance between the Accomp. And the right hand. I realize there is a balance control but it also effects the quality of the right hand sound. Any thoughts of how to handle that?
J
ohn C.
Joe, sorry to jump in on your post - but it came to mind.

#360471 - 02/05/13 04:53 PM Re: I finally had nerve enough to try this [Re: Songman55]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hey John,
The master volume is a combined sum of the RH and acc on the PA800 ... the only perceived difference in sound from a volume change on a digital instrument is how it reacts in the room. There is no sonic difference if it's low or high output, unless it's distorting the speakers. I used my powered rigs many, many times at small venues and had great results. Sometimes, if you're "almost" there, but need a little "ooomph" .. just add a small bass amp, or the Bose compact without the extender poles for some enhanced low end. It'll keep the room volume down and add some punch.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online