SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#360322 - 02/04/13 11:15 AM Re: OT 70s & 80s Rock portable for the oldies to carry [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
LOL Bill... show me some pictures!

As Nigel said, who on earth ever moved one of those behemoths by themselves unless chopped down?

#360326 - 02/04/13 11:29 AM Re: OT 70s & 80s Rock portable for the oldies to carry [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I have to say Diki you have really lost touch with what goes on in Europe these days.

Do a search for keyboard artists in Europe and you will find a boat load of gigging organ players, Male & Female, Young & Old, all transporting their own instruments?

Bill

#360390 - 02/04/13 11:40 PM Re: OT 70s & 80s Rock portable for the oldies to carry [Re: abacus]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: abacus
I have to say Diki you have really lost touch with what goes on in Europe these days.

Do a search for keyboard artists in Europe and you will find a boat load of gigging organ players, Male & Female, Young & Old, all transporting their own instruments?

Bill

Ummm a Hammond B3 weighs 310 LBs .... how many people have you seen carry one of these by themselves? I am guessing none. I don't think you are talking about the same sort of organs that we were referring to. http://www.dairiki.org/HammondWiki/WhatDoesAHammondWeigh

Attachments
weight.jpg

#360391 - 02/05/13 12:23 AM Re: OT 70s & 80s Rock portable for the oldies to carry [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Most of the gigging organists I see these days are using Hammond or Nord (or KeyB) clones if they are toting them themselves!

The big stars get cartage, someone ELSE moves their B3 or C3 around. Or there's a house B3 (if they are lucky).

How about YOU show me someone from Europe carrying their Galaxy, or Scala? LOL

Talk about out of touch!

#360393 - 02/05/13 12:36 AM Re: OT 70s & 80s Rock portable for the oldies to carry [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hammond’s haven’t been big in gigging for years, the most popular are Yamaha, Roland, Technics, Wersi, Orla & Bohm, and yes the artists do transport them themselves.

You ought to pop over sometime Diki, however be warned, you will wonder where everything you knew has gone, and what you currently believe is not.

Bill

#360440 - 02/05/13 11:48 AM Re: OT 70s & 80s Rock portable for the oldies to carry [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Still waiting on seeing Klaus lift that Scala...

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online