Topic Options
#360251 - 02/03/13 02:23 PM Re: Audya restarts randomly [Re: Rolle]
Tonewheeldude Offline

lets hope it was only the cable

#360260 - 02/03/13 06:22 PM Re: Audya restarts randomly [Re: Rolle]
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Wow! No Ground!!!! Not Good!

I'm surprised there hasn't been problems before this!!!

I would advise to call in an electrician and see if he can at least ground ( Earth ) the outlet being used for the Audya and any other sensitive electronic devices!

Jim

#360282 - 02/04/13 02:24 AM Re: Audya restarts randomly [Re: Rolle]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Not all equipment requires to be earthed, check to see if it has a small square within a larger square on the nameplate, if it has then no earth is required.

If you think about it a lot of keyboards use a wall wart, and the earth pin is normally just plastic, also although it might have a 3 pin plug, if you look at the socket on the piece of equipment it is not unusual to find the centre earth pin missing.

Finally all keyboards have to comply with all local electrical regulations, therefore if premises don’t have 3 pin sockets (And is the norm) then the keyboard will have been designed to take this into account.

Hope this helps

Bill

#360364 - 02/04/13 05:47 PM Re: Audya restarts randomly [Re: abacus]
Rolle Offline

Loc: DK
From Wiki...

Since the early 1990s grounded outlets have been required in all new electric installations in Denmark. Older outlets need not be grounded, but all outlets, including old installations, must be protected by ground-fault interrupters (HFI or HPFI in Danish) by 1 July 2008.

I guess this explains it. You cannot not have HFI, and this one sits before the electricity enters your house/apartment.

Though you still need ground on the socket if you install a dishwasher. But I'm strongly considering it.

We installed it at work (digital mixers and guitar amps) so I'm not unfamiliar with the whole thing cool

But thanks for the concern.
And the Audya hasen't had a restart in 2 days, so there's that.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online