SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#360145 - 02/02/13 01:26 PM Okay already,,,enough is enough..
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Thia post is for the folks..that had enough..with passing fads of keyboard searching smile

For stable happy owners of keyboards that fulfil the owners needs, and are content in knowing they made correct choices (G70 and PA1x owners) grin

For those of us that are not dreaming about gorgeous redheads..knowing we wouldn't recall the dream when we awake wink...299 pounds ..really shocked

Hearing about the incomplete offerings (features) of top dog PA3x and short comings of the s950..

Used car salesmen pitch to sell a Parker smile

Edited by Fran Carango (02/02/13 01:30 PM)

#360154 - 02/02/13 02:47 PM Re: Okay already,,,enough is enough.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

For those of us that are not dreaming about gorgeous redheads..knowing we wouldn't recall the dream when we awake wink...299 pounds ..really shocked

Hearing about the incomplete offerings (features) of top dog PA3x and short comings of the s950..

Used car salesmen pitch to sell a Parker smile

Wow ... bored, Fran? smile
I see most of this is aimed at me. Yes, I want to sell a guitar, yes, I'm a little "undertall" for my weight, and yes, I dream about those lovely Crimson locks ... who's it hurting?
smile
Nothing has ever been perfect (including your old relics) but the PA3x has come as close as I can imagine. the down sides are SO insignificant ... all it needs is speakers to make me forget the redheads!
Now, go do something worthwhile with your Saturday!

#360157 - 02/02/13 03:41 PM Re: Okay already,,,enough is enough.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I think you got it...I even played my accordion for a while.. grin

#360167 - 02/02/13 04:33 PM Re: Okay already,,,enough is enough.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think perhaps there's a divide here between those that look to the technology to alleviate their musical boredom, and those that think that it is the PLAYER, and almost entirely the player, that makes the difference.

I'm always interested in major advances in arranger functionality, but truth be told, those seem to come at few and far between intervals, and often come at a disadvantage in some other aspect of arranger operation. Two steps forward, one and three quarter steps back seems so often the norm! But the more you rely on your OWN playing, and the less you rely on a machine to do it all for you, the more easy it is to stabilize your rig, and concentrate on yourself and your playing, rather than the technology you are using.

Push comes to shove, what is the layout of most of the live bands you have ever played in? Bass, drums and a guitarist. For almost everything else, it is up to YOU, and your skills. It doesn't take a state of the art arranger to do that! Bass, drums, and a guitar part... Simple enough for even the most basic of today's arrangers, and no real stretch for even a decade old relic!

The rest? Make it YOU rather than the machine, and you have all the challenge that you ought to need to keep you interested for the rest of your life.

I'm satisfied, content, and enjoying playing! Don't need no new arranger for that!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online