SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#360094 - 02/01/13 07:27 PM It had to be done.
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK - I had to shut Donny up with all his "Heavenly Korg" diatribes ... I knew he couldn't handle such an intricate beast and still work the dance floor like he's SO GOOD AT - so I made him take my cheesy feeling (awesome sounding) s950 JUST TO SHUT HIM UP!
smile
lol
Now, I have a studio backup for my favorite kb of all time (PA3x sits proudly atop my Kentucky Rhodes Suitcase) and the road rig can stay packed and ready for the call of duty. I can work on tunes at home and just make the changes to the USB drive - SWEEEEET.
Anyway - now he's got 2 Nano 300s .... must sound killer in stereo (dual mono, actually) - I bet his Mackies go on the auction block pretty soon.

OK, so ... betters - who had 3 months or less for Donny's honeymoon with the 3x? 2 months? 30 days? Pay up folks!

(sorry Donny ... I just can't keep secrets!!!!)
Besides, you're happy now - I know it. That 950 had your name on it from day ONE. (As soon as I touched the keys, I knew it was the same-ole, same-ole. It's just not fun for me to play.
I am getting readjusted to my baby, and I'll bring it out this weekend for my BEATLES tribute on Feb 9th! I still remember that Ed Sullivan show in 1964 (I was EIGHT years old!) like it was YESTERDAY! (pun INTENDED)

(This pic still has my Colorado Korg i5s on the Rhodes - I took that into school for my kids to play with!)

Attachments
Keyboards 12-07.JPG

#360095 - 02/01/13 08:19 PM Re: It had to be done. [Re: Uncle Dave]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Unbelievable!
Believable maybe...if he hadn't gone on and on about it like it was the answer to all his "needs".
Feels like a lot of wasted posts to write 'em...and for us to read 'em.
A win-win for you UD....congratulations.
Eddie

#360096 - 02/01/13 08:33 PM Re: It had to be done. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny puts his heart into everything he does ... I truly believe that while he HAD it, that Korg was the cat's PJs to him ... apparently, Donny's cat sleeps in the nude, these days.
smile
He just wanted to be like his favorite uncle. I'm flattered, actually. There are just a few things I miss on the 950 ... little things, like the "random" play for MP3 files - at break time ... I could just hit shuffle and go pee. (I'll use my iPad now for big jobs). Speakers, of course, and the score function works better with midi files too, but I hardly use it, so that's not a biggie.

I tried SO HARD to like that 950 because I really wanted the speakers and lighter package, but I gave up alot in the process. I am now, back where I should be ... in Korgsville.
SMILE

Things I LOVE and missed about the Korg:
key action
vocal harmonizer
dual audio player
solid construction
smaller footprint
top notch solo sounds that SUSTAIN with the pedal
drawbars / sliders
fill / break buttons AND auto fill with variations
better chord triggering options ... ie: instant button for bass inversion, LH/RH arranger trigger section

The list goes on and on .... I'm a happy camper, and Donny is going to sound better than ever with less heartache.

#360104 - 02/02/13 02:15 AM Re: It had to be done. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Never doubted it for a second. Donny has done this at least twice in the years I've been here. We could write a book of Donny-isms extolling something he gets rid of in a few weeks..!

#360106 - 02/02/13 02:46 AM Re: It had to be done. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
eek2

Good luck Donny with the s950. There's a lot to be said for Yamaha, same reason I kept the T4 when I got the Pa3x. Sort of arranger heaven.

#360110 - 02/02/13 04:15 AM Re: It had to be done. [Re: Stephenm52]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

You said it STephen , I just don't understand why guys like you, and I mean professional entertainers like Donny, DonM, etc.etc. simply do not hang on to both makes. I wish Donny all the best with his PSR950 ( I know I like my 750 for playing at home) but still think that if you can afford it and have the musical talents as displayed by the folks mentioned it is a shame to get rid of either keyboard. Seems to me that a PSR950 with a PA3X is a truly killer combination, even on the road. I know the Tyros is even better ( than the PSR950 ) but more convenient for studio/home use.
I have said so many times, just get the best of both worlds, whatever your purse strings allow you. PA800 + PSR750 works fine by me....

regards,
John

#360114 - 02/02/13 05:23 AM Re: It had to be done. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Steve, John Thank you

#360115 - 02/02/13 05:31 AM Re: It had to be done. [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#360119 - 02/02/13 06:59 AM Re: It had to be done. [Re: Uncle Dave]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
We need more people who are passionate about their work as Donny. He gets more excited about a keyboard and gear than the rest of us put together. It keeps the juices flowing.

What would you guys do if you didn't have Diki, Donny, and that bloody Englishman to pick on, and to have me picking on you.

Have you three chord musicians learned the forth chord yet, DonM?

#360121 - 02/02/13 07:56 AM Re: It had to be done. [Re: brickboo]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny... Best of luck with your new board... I am out of town this weekend but we will talk next week...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online