SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#360016 - 01/31/13 07:41 PM Re: Amazing KORG PA3x Drums [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Diki, No recordings from back then - couldn't lug a 1-inch tape machine around with all the other gear. Keep in mind that I've been playing solo for a long time. I was hoping you would be able to provide something from your group to compare with what I'm hearing in the demos and postings here and other sites.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#360020 - 01/31/13 10:10 PM Re: Amazing KORG PA3x Drums [Re: Diki]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
I'm hearing, once again, the Master Compressor settings being used over-aggressively. I cannot emphasize enough how, if you want your drums to sound as live as possible, DON'T use the Master Compressor. Even the best of arranger drums are, by their very nature, incapable of the TRUE dynamic range that a real drummer plays at. Why you would want to restrict it any further is beyond me...

Now, does anyone know where I would 'adjust' the 'Master Compressor" on the PA3x as Diki suggests?

#360021 - 01/31/13 10:27 PM Re: Amazing KORG PA3x Drums [Re: leezone]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: leezone
You ask how to "improve" the Drum sounds?
Perhaps meaning sounding more authentic and live?

Very easy, use REAL audio drums as does the Audya.

Hi Lee....

I have a limited knowledge of tech stuff. Are you saying...buy a good set of drumkit samples and load them into the PA3x and then don't use the internal drum sounds, but DO use the 'sampled drumkit' that I loaded?

If so, is there any downside to doing that other than filling up some of my memory and a longer bootup time?

But then I'll have an Audya sound as far as the drums go?

#360022 - 01/31/13 11:13 PM Re: Amazing KORG PA3x Drums [Re: Mark79100]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Mark79100
Originally Posted By: Diki
I'm hearing, once again, the Master Compressor settings being used over-aggressively. I cannot emphasize enough how, if you want your drums to sound as live as possible, DON'T use the Master Compressor. Even the best of arranger drums are, by their very nature, incapable of the TRUE dynamic range that a real drummer plays at. Why you would want to restrict it any further is beyond me...

Now, does anyone know where I would 'adjust' the 'Master Compressor" on the PA3x as Diki suggests?

Yes, under Global menu, adjust the MAXX settings. Turn off for no compression.
DonM

#360050 - 02/01/13 09:11 AM Re: Amazing KORG PA3x Drums [Re: Dnj]
leezone Offline

MARK

i don't know what the PA3X can or can't do, if it can use different samples etc,

also, i do not think the Korg can Stream REAL Audio Drums as does the Audya

#360057 - 02/01/13 09:37 AM Re: Amazing KORG PA3x Drums [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Actually, the Korg PA3x has a FULL featured sampler, with data compatibility (mostly) with the Korg Triton series, which opens up a vast library of world class sample libraries. So importing drum kits in is very doable.

And no, while it can't actually stream off the HD like Ketron's do (mind you, I don't know if user made drumloops stream or have to be loaded first on the Ketron either), it can do the exact same timesliced drum loop thing that Ketron's do.

The main difference is that Ketron do the work FOR you, and for the most part, if you want to do this on a Korg, you have to roll your own.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online