Originally Posted By: lahawk
Agree about Frank and George...also curious about why you needed service on your new Korg PA600 Tony?

Well, I had said that I wasn't going to go into the gory details, but since you asked, Larry ... while setting up my 'Custom Song List', I have been 'experimenting' with many, many different voices (sounds) ...while doing this, on a number of occasions, the board would 'lock up' while I am researching voices - for example, let's say I was in the 'Trumpet & Trombone' banks working my way through every possible horn sound in those banks - about 60 in all - all of a sudden the board would 'lock up' ... I would not be able to get to any other page or function ... it would play the style I was in at the time, but I could not change anything ... the only way out was to 'Power Down and Up' ...
Frank was at NAMM and talked to the KORG people about it and they were perplexed ... BUT, they did agree to a good solution for me, and I am very happy ...

As I said earlier, the 'con' against the board is that it takes quite a bit of editing to get it to sound the way YOU want ... the 'pro' is that KORG gives you ALL the tools and then some for editing ...
While the learning curve is significant coming from the ultra-user friendly technics kn6000, frown I have been slowed by getting 'sucked into' just PLAYING the KB because the styles are great!!! grin keys

Edited by tony mads usa (01/28/13 08:09 PM)