SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#359154 - 01/21/13 05:53 AM Re: Has making a style always been this easy??? [Re: J Strickland]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Arrangers may be a poor substitute for VERY GOOD players, but in my part of the world the arranger players, even mediocre ones such as myself, are the folks making a good living. We work nearly every day of the week, every week of the year. Our audiences love our performances and always want more. Even down here in paradise, where GOOD musicians are a dime a dozen, the arranger keyboard players are working far more jobs. That cheesy-keyed, lightweight, plastic, cheap, silver PSR-3000 continues to provide a good living for me and my family, plus allowed me to make the trip of a lifetime.

It IS about the money! Performing with an arranger keyboard every day of the week is a JOB - not a hobby or pastime. I've worked every holiday of every year for so long that it would be difficult to recall the last time I spent ALL of Christmas Day with my family. However, it is a fun way to make a living, and I can assure everyone that in my lifetime, this is the best job I've ever had.

So, back to the original topic about styles, without which there would be no arranger keyboard. Yes, you can make them on most arranger keyboards, and with some perseverance you can make them sound as good as some of the great, third-party styles currently available. If anyone needs a song specific style for their Yamaha arranger keyboard, I suggest taking a look at the PSR-Tutorial site. If they don't have what you want, then post the song title there and request a style. Same is true for here - post the request and someone will be more than happy to provide you with a great style.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (01/21/13 05:55 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#359156 - 01/21/13 06:13 AM Re: Has making a style always been this easy??? [Re: J Strickland]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I just watched the video - it looks about the same as my old PSR8000 which I made tons of song styles. I suppose if it ain't broke don't fix it.

#359522 - 01/25/13 12:00 PM Re: Has making a style always been this easy??? [Re: J Strickland]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Ian.., Linda has that new Casio XW-P1 and she loves it. You might want to hit her up if you're considering it.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#359527 - 01/25/13 12:25 PM Re: Has making a style always been this easy??? [Re: J Strickland]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: squeak_D
Ian.., Linda has that new Casio XW-P1 and she loves it. You might want to hit her up if you're considering it.

Thanks Squeak...I was waiting for your reply...I'll be taking some time away from the forum to work on some very interesting recording projects.

I see you've already posted about the new Korg MS-20...wow, is all I can say, especially at the that wicked price. I've worked with the original, and it is an extremely flexible and powerful mono-synth (that sells for major bucks second hand), so the new model should follow in it's footsteps judging by the specs. It's also nice to see they made the mini-keys a bit larger...the ones on their MicroArranger were horrible for my big fingers.

I'll be trying out the Casio XW-P1 this weekend.

Let me know if you try either of the new Korg synths (the KingKorg looks awesome, too) and what you think of them; I value your opinion on synths...my email is in my profile.

Ian

#359528 - 01/25/13 12:41 PM Re: Has making a style always been this easy??? [Re: ianmcnll]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Yeah.., that original MS-20 is CRAZY expensive today. Last time I checked they were going for $1500 up to $2000 (and I've seen some top three grand) mad

I had one friend growing up that owned one. He got it back in the late 80's and still has it today. I loved playing that thing. At $599 Korg is going to kill the market with these.

I'm hoping to try both these out. I'll probably be making another trip up to Connecticut in March or April, and last time I was there the GuitarCenter had a decent selection of synths. I'll try and drag Linda along with me rocker We had lunch with her last time we were up there, but didn't have time to hit the music stores together.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online