SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#359352 - 01/23/13 05:14 PM Just sing it straight!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Sorry - I know it's off topic, but many of us sing so ....

I'm sick of pop stars who feel the need to jazz up the Anthem. Whitney did the best job after 911 at the Superbowl, but this is just weak. Maybe that's why the prez likes her.
smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4dggAeouyI

#359356 - 01/23/13 06:06 PM Re: Just sing it straight! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

looks like she was lip syncing the song?..

LIP SYNC?

singer surprised

#359358 - 01/23/13 06:20 PM Re: Just sing it straight! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
glitz, glamor, and .... BS. Where will it end? What is the POINT????? Sing it, dammit!

#359359 - 01/23/13 06:23 PM Re: Just sing it straight! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
glitz, glamor, and .... BS. Where will it end? What is the POINT????? Sing it, dammit!

It will only get worse .....KARAOKE IS KING!!! surprised

#359360 - 01/23/13 07:16 PM Re: Just sing it straight! [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Not only did she lip sync the song, but the band never played a note. The entire thing was pre-recorded. It was the topic on a couple talk radio shows today.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#359375 - 01/23/13 09:15 PM Re: Just sing it straight! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Tony Hughes Offline

Come on guys it's obvious she sang it live, just imagine if she was miming and the tape had stuck, America the brave, hell we would never hear the last of it. You only get 1.5 sec shot of the band and they look like they are playing to me, glad you guys are not running the country, hell you are the laughing stock of the financial World , let's not make you the laughing stock of the technical World. I suppose Gary if the band were playing Stars and Stripes you would be in no doubt they were playing, don't spoil what looked like a nice day for the President and your country, stop all this negative ways.

Good Old Barack hope he does well for you this round clap he needs to do your are deep in it, like the rest of us.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#359378 - 01/23/13 09:21 PM Re: Just sing it straight! [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave

It will only get worse .....KARAOKE IS KING!!! surprised

Donny,

From this time forward thou shall be knows as KKK, sounds like something you rub on something rotf2 BTW this name only sticks until you buy the new Roland Dream Machine, I will then think of something that fits.. dance2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#359386 - 01/23/13 11:10 PM Re: Just sing it straight! [Re: Uncle Dave]
tnicoson Offline

Loc: Chicago area - USA
Tony

I think there are probably a lot of people throughout the world, of various nationalities that do not appreciate hearing their national anthem sung as though it is being sung in some bistro, bar, or dive while (in the words of John Fogerty) "people sit there drunk".

Speaking of lip sync and such: There is a Chicago opera company advertising their spring schedule and one of the items listed that you get for your ticket price is a LIVE ORCHESTRA.

Do you mean to tell me that there are places where people pay to see an opera and there is some DJ in the orchestra pit or off in the wings spinning platters ? ? ? I wonder what the Aida Opus sounds like when you flange it !

Edited by tnicoson (01/23/13 11:18 PM)

#359387 - 01/24/13 01:47 AM Re: Just sing it straight! [Re: Uncle Dave]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I don't know what you guys were listening to you. That sounded awesome to me. I don't know if the band are playing live but she certainly was singing live. I love the orchestration and the arrangements of national anthem and I love the way she actually restrained herself in singing it in a very Dignified way But maintaining her style and class.Maybe some of you need to just relax a little bit. Times are changing and people's tastes are also changing. The national anthem is not secret as far as I know. This to my mind was certainly one of the better versions of the national anthem with a contemporary feel while still maintaining its trueness to the original song. It certainly not something to get upset about

#359392 - 01/24/13 03:38 AM Re: Just sing it straight! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

I noticed she covered her mouth from the camera also?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online