Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#359636 - 01/27/13 07:00 AM Re: KING KORG advertizement is out! [Re: FransN]
Dnj Offline

#359639 - 01/27/13 07:26 AM Re: KING KORG advertizement is out! [Re: vangelis]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Amazing what interest is shown in things like this, when it's pretty obvious that, by the vast majority, no-one is even slightly interested in the kind of music that this thing is designed for.

Maybe there's a hidden core of hardcore techno and trance fans here, but you'd never guess it from any of the user demos posted, and the kudos that hoary old standards and Broadway tunes get!

Are we all so bored with our gear that almost ANYTHING new gets our juices flowing? rolleyes

#359640 - 01/27/13 07:31 AM Re: KING KORG advertizement is out! [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Amazing what interest is shown in things like this, when it's pretty obvious that, by the vast majority, no-one is even slightly interested in the kind of music that this thing is designed for.

Maybe there's a hidden core of hardcore techno and trance fans here, but you'd never guess it from any of the user demos posted, and the kudos that hoary old standards and Broadway tunes get!

Are we all so bored with our gear that almost ANYTHING new gets our juices flowing? rolleyes

Diki.....don't be so Nieve to judge a book by its cover.. wink
Mere words on a page don't resonate the true feeling of the masses. cool2

#359644 - 01/27/13 07:40 AM Re: KING KORG advertizement is out! [Re: vangelis]
Diki Offline

A song says a thousand words, Donny. The day I hear anything even CLOSE to the factory demos here at SZ, I will change my tune.

How many Orbital, or even Muse tunes do YOU do? LOL

#359648 - 01/27/13 07:55 AM Re: KING KORG advertizement is out! [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

A song says a thousand words, Donny. The day I hear anything even CLOSE to the factory demos here at SZ, I will change my tune.

How many Orbital, or even Muse tunes do YOU do? LOL

I can say the same for you Diki?.........although one can certainly use any Synth KB to utilize it's sounds to play many genres of music not just saw waves, etc,. your free to choose whatever way you want to play the KB...you never know what people are doing with their music,....SZ is not the tell all of the worlds creative juices my friend! If you think most here are just some elderly NH driven arranger KB players your very very mistaken,.. cool2

Edited by Dnj (01/27/13 08:18 AM)

#359650 - 01/27/13 08:24 AM Re: KING KORG advertizement is out! [Re: Diki]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands

Analog doesn't mean you can only play techno with it. You can create beautiful sounds with it and use them as lead sounds. I happen to love and play Dance music from the "80's and 90's.

For example:

#359651 - 01/27/13 08:33 AM Re: KING KORG advertizement is out! [Re: vangelis]
Dnj Offline

FranN ....
great song!!...and you have definitely understand what I'm talking about regarding Synth driven music creation!!

#359689 - 01/27/13 07:05 PM Re: KING KORG advertizement is out! [Re: vangelis]
Diki Offline

Anxiously awaiting...

#359697 - 01/27/13 07:28 PM Re: KING KORG advertizement is out! [Re: FransN]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: FransN
Analog doesn't mean you can only play techno with it. You can create beautiful sounds with it and use them as lead sounds. I happen to love and play Dance music from the "80's and 90's.

So true. My classic rock cover band plays mostly 80s covers that heavily use analog synths. My Motif 6 really sucks at those sort of sounds, so the KingKorg would be an invaluable addition for providing analog patches and realtime control for covers we play like The Cars, Blondie, Talking Heads, Till Tuesday etc and the list goes on. The VR-09 also interests me for the same reason as it looks like an nice light weight keyboard to compliment my Motif.

#359699 - 01/27/13 07:36 PM Re: KING KORG advertizement is out! [Re: vangelis]
Diki Offline

I guess I'm spoiled with the G70. Add an SRX-07 Ultimate Keys board to it, and most of the 70's 80's and a lot of the 90's synth stuff is well covered.

I've even been called on to cover some Lady Gaga stuff live for a girl singer, and amazed myself at how well the G70 keeps up. Roland have always made synth sounds one of the best sections in their arranger Tone section. You can even set the sliders up to do VCF sweeps and LFO depth and speed things. Sure, it ain't a King Korg (which itself is no Prophet12!) but I'm always amazed at how close I can get!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online