SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#35880 - 08/09/10 10:02 PM Re: USB pen drive
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
I must say I'm happy to see someone has finaly got the pen drive, what do you think Tony!!!! Horay!!!! 3 cheers!!!!!

Robbo Great,

I am still waiting for mine it should be any day now, I thought UK allways gets Ketron gear first but it appears Europe did, Ketron sell at lot of product into Europe it's those Turkish and Latin sound they are good at. Cha Cha Cha ! If I had mine now it would be on the KB ASAP. Hope Dusan is up and running with his, I bought a Trend Router for doing some worktops, if you go on Youtube there are more video of how to use Routers than anyone ever playing an Audya, it would take two minutes to make a video, "loading on your updates", you could even make it a silent video, I think I will make one of, taking the top off the "Audya Off" Julie Andrews would be in it, she could be singing "Climb Every Mountain" only joking!!!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35881 - 08/09/10 10:10 PM Re: USB pen drive
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
I must say I'm happy to see someone has finaly got the pen drive, what do you think Tony!!!! Horay!!!! 3 cheers!!!!!

Robbo,

I thought I would be the first to tell you what my Audya sounded like with the new bits on it, I played the Audya 5 last week and it's brilliant. Dusan will be first unless he is still loading it, he has had the pen now for more than 18hrs, and he has not been back to tell yet, I hope it doesn't take all that time to load it (2.5hrs). Hope he didn't get a power cut whilst it was loading. Imagine his wife when he gets home from work, he left the Audya uploading, his wife would say “Dusan you nut, you left your KB on buzzing away all day, I turned it off, call yourself a environmentalist” there would be blood on the carpet. AJ help me, help me. Come on Dusan I can’t wait the suspense is killing me and others.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35882 - 08/09/10 11:57 PM Re: USB pen drive
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Man I am going to hover over mine,, no one gets close until its finished!!!!...... Dusan prob hasn't replied because he's enjoying it so much it's got him intrigued, I certainly hope so anyway

#35883 - 08/10/10 03:49 AM Re: USB pen drive
skude Offline

Very easy to think there are more than one file when you read this on the Ketron web site.

"a) Delete all files with “.MEM ” extension of the Main Directory (ROOT) on the System Hard Disk “ C: ”.

skude

#35884 - 08/10/10 09:12 AM Re: USB pen drive
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Man I am going to hover over mine,, no one gets close until its finished!!!!...... Dusan prob hasn't replied because he's enjoying it so much it's got him intrigued, I certainly hope so anyway

Robbo I saw a blue flash from the direction of Slovenija this morning, could that be Dusan turning on after the pen was loaded, he is hellish quiet, it's worrying me, I would have been on here babbling about it.
Hope he knows where to put the pen drive??
Dusan front slot anyone will do , not in your PC OK. please tell us how you went on, please. it will be my bed time in about 4 hrs.

#35885 - 08/10/10 09:15 AM Re: USB pen drive
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

Robbo,

If you hover over it, don't get your leg caught up in the flex and pull the plug out the wall socket, half way in, do it just at the begining, the pain will be much less, but the KB will still be in a hell of a state....Doh!!!

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 08-10-2010).]

#35886 - 08/10/10 03:52 PM Re: USB pen drive
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Tony,

I'm sure if its a disaster we would have been the first to hear about it here. I would say that once your into it, nothings gonna drag you away. And yes I will make sure that I won't get caught up in the power plugs!!!

#35887 - 08/10/10 09:51 PM Re: USB pen drive
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Tony,

I'm sure if its a disaster we would have been the first to hear about it here. I would say that once your into it, nothings gonna drag you away. And yes I will make sure that I won't get caught up in the power plugs!!!

I think there is something wrong with Dusan's loading or he would have been back now .

#35888 - 08/11/10 01:18 AM Re: USB pen drive
cakemog Offline

Hi all, I'm new here. Loaded the USB update this weekend - AMAZING transformation of my Audya.
I stumbled at the point of copying the new 41B.MEM file over from D:/REMOV to C:/ drive and I feel there's something missing in the instructions. My dealer helped.
It's straigt forward to select D:/REMOV and scroll down to 41B.MEM - then select it and press COPY. You are now given 2 destination options - C:/ or D:/REMOV? Obviously you select C:/.
Now you see all the files on your C:/ drive. Your previous 41A.MEM file was located BELOW all the yellow folders and that's where your new 41B.MEM has to go. The problem is you cannot scroll up or down to select C:/ itself at the top - the cursor is always on one of the folders which is fine. If you press ENTER the 41B.MEM file will automatically be transferred to C:/ in the correct location. My point is this: it's ESSENTIAL that whichever folder the cursor is on in C:/ you MUST not SELECT that folder because 41B.MEM wil then go into that folder.
To my mind the confusion arrises from the cursor sitting on a folder rather than C:/ drive at the top.
Hope this might help someone not get into trouble installing the update.
TYROS 4 coming out in OCT. - looks identical to TYROS 3 but inside all changed. It's got to be a MONSTER to beat the updated Audya.
Best regards to all. Carl

#35889 - 08/11/10 06:40 AM Re: USB pen drive
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
cakemog,

Thanks for sharing !!! Welcome to the group.
What are you overall impressions about the 4.1B update?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online