SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#358717 - 01/14/13 08:13 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Here's my wager - I will still have the s950 AFTER Dnj sells his PA3x!
smile

I wouldn't make that bet...... wink

#358720 - 01/14/13 08:52 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Dave, I'm way behind. So, would you mind filling me in about getting rid of your Korg PA800. You seemed to be real happy with it. I'd appreciate hearing from you. Just email me if you'd like. brickboo2@yahoo.com.

Thanks Dave

#358766 - 01/15/13 09:35 AM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: brickboo]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Always remember with fondness Dave's visit here...it was entirely too short.

He's one player I would really like to work with. I truly believe we could get on a bandstand with guitar, keyboards, bass vibes, horns....whatever and play a week with no repeats and rehearsals. Trading leads and calling songs would come so naturally.

He's what a great arranger player should sound like.

Russ

#358790 - 01/15/13 02:28 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: brickboo]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Dave, I'm way behind. So, would you mind filling me in about getting rid of your Korg PA800.

Hey Boo!
I still love that i5s that you sold me years ago - I took it to school and play it every day with my kids! It's a workhorse.
As for the 800 - the reason it's out to pasture was mostly build quality. Too much plastic, and the buttons started falling inward. I fixed more than one before I decided that I wanted something else. It sounded great, but I lost faith in it's durability. I have NO doubts about the PA3x - this thing is SOLID.

#358791 - 01/15/13 02:31 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: captain Russ]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
Always remember with fondness Dave's visit here...it was entirely too short.

Second THAT ! If you had ANY place nearby that made a good cup of coffee, I'd visit more often!
smile
We'd have too much fun on stage!

#358977 - 01/18/13 06:59 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Damn...I need to make a Philly road trip...

btw, I like the custom keyboard seat....does it really fit in your car?

smile

Good job Dave...sounds great.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#359013 - 01/19/13 08:54 AM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Haha! Custom seat ... It's funny - must look like I'm sitting on that long bench, but I have been carrying my own collapsible piano bench since I had my knee fixed in October. I'm hoping by summer, I can do the standing routine again. Right now ... it's just not comfortable.
You're a riot, Larry!

#359039 - 01/19/13 02:51 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Dave,
I had my variation 4 push button in on the dinosaur i30 years ago, but that is the only one and yet it works. Ha ha.

I've never heard you before this post. If I did it was very little.

It made me listen to Billy Joel. His phrasing reminded me of Ray. Lots of musicians playing piano and doing vocals have a bit of Ray in them especially if they grew up in the 50's and 60's.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online