SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#358585 - 01/12/13 11:09 AM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yup - except for the odd private party, holiday season or summer, my school year schedule is just the 2nd Sat of each month. It's too busy at school to do more than that.

BTW - why do some pictures appear in the post, and others provide a link to the file? Is that user changeable? Hmmmm

#358600 - 01/12/13 07:08 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
My wife and I went to hear Uncle Dave. He was great. Nicest guy you could expect to meet! A really good musician, singer and showman. He knows how to make a very happy audience. The PSR-s950 and the Bose sounded good, and the food was good too. I look forward to hearing Dave again.

Below is a photo of the handsome fellow at work. Phone picture was a little fuzzy, so no he doesn't have six fingers on his left hand. It would be cool for octaves and chords if he did though.

I took some videos on the phone and posted a sampler up on You Tube. Enjoy! I did.

We should be supporting each other. I hope others take Dave's lead and post when they are performing publicly for others to hear.

Edited by RobertG (01/12/13 07:16 PM)

#358604 - 01/12/13 08:15 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

That extra finger on the left hand makes all the difference!
smile

#358606 - 01/12/13 09:03 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: RobertG]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Loved it Dave. Thanks so much Robert for taking that video. It was a treat to listen to and watch clap

Dave what are you playing the guitar through?

#358607 - 01/12/13 09:17 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You still have it Dave!

#358608 - 01/12/13 09:46 PM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Nigel]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Loved it Dave. Thanks so much Robert for taking that video. It was a treat to listen to and watch clap

Dave what are you playing the guitar through?

Nigel,
That's a Line6 variaxe 500 straight into the Bose with NO effects. I used 2 tones tonight - 6 and 12 string acoustics. Oh yeah, and later on I used a 4th position Strat setting for Tracy Chapman's "Gimmie one Reason" ... sounded great! Very "Stevie Ray-esq!" (The tone, NOT the player!) wink

Attachments
Line 6 Variax 500.JPG

#358613 - 01/13/13 01:03 AM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: RobertG]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: RobertG
My wife and I went to hear Uncle Dave. He was great. Nicest guy you could expect to meet! A really good musician, singer and showman. He knows how to make a very happy audience. The PSR-s950 and the Bose sounded good, and the food was good too. I look forward to hearing Dave again.

Below is a photo of the handsome fellow at work. Phone picture was a little fuzzy, so no he doesn't have six fingers on his left hand. It would be cool for octaves and chords if he did though.

I took some videos on the phone and posted a sampler up on You Tube. Enjoy! I did.

We should be supporting each other. I hope others take Dave's lead and post when they are performing publicly for others to hear.

Huh Dave!

Your behind glass where no one can hear you, speakers facing away as well, "Whats going on" love the tie and the floor tiles. No live music in the UK in eating houses, people just want to talk..
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#358614 - 01/13/13 01:27 AM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Huh Dave!
Your behind glass where no one can hear you

ROTFL .... um Tony, I think it may be time for some new spectacles for you.

I think the "glass" behind Dave may just be a mirror. Or is that his twin sitting behind him? rotfl

#358616 - 01/13/13 01:39 AM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Brain,eyes,ears and memory gone Nigel not much left... computer
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#358618 - 01/13/13 02:10 AM Re: Philly / Jersey friends - Uncle Dave "Live" ... [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Brain,eyes,ears and memory gone Nigel not much left... computer

Don't I know it Tony, getting old aint much fun ... but it sure is better than not getting old.

Hey, have you decided what your next keyboard will be? I guess it isn't the Kronos after all.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online