SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#358467 - 01/11/13 07:20 AM Rolannd BK Style Demos...
Dnj Offline

#358479 - 01/11/13 08:06 AM Re: Rolannd BK Style Demos... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Very cool stuff. I'd like to know when they going to release the Thumb drive with all the extra styles here in the US?
I buried now with just the styles that come wiht the unit. Trying to get it ready for a gig. Too much time programming and not enough on music !

#358480 - 01/11/13 08:08 AM Re: Rolannd BK Style Demos... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Very cool stuff. I'd like to know when they going to release the Thumb drive with all the extra styles here in the US?
I buried now with just the styles that come wiht the unit. Trying to get it ready for a gig. Too much time programming and not enough on music !

Bill hard homework always pays off in the end....I Know you'll do fine once you set up and running...good luck out there!! & let me know when your gigging down the shore if I'm off I'll try to get there.

#358483 - 01/11/13 08:17 AM Re: Rolannd BK Style Demos... [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Too much time programming and not enough on music !

I hear you ... same with the KORG Pa600 ... computer

#358484 - 01/11/13 08:23 AM Re: Rolannd BK Style Demos... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Tony I embrace the challenge makes me a better musician every time KORG, Roland, Yamaha is no easier in the beginning, ...
I'm glad I'm well experienced in so many Arranger KB's...
the challenge is uplifting for me. Stick with it because in the end you'll be glad you did wink ....don't be afraid to reach out good luck. wave

Edited by Dnj (01/11/13 08:25 AM)

#358493 - 01/11/13 08:57 AM Re: Rolannd BK Style Demos... [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
All this puzzles me. I had a Roland BK-7M and here are samples I recorded
right out of the box with no "programming" by me at all. I had the BK5 and returned it because unlike the BK-7M it need a lot of man hours.

Here are the BK-7M samples I recorded what do you think about the sound?
https://www.box.com/s/81w0ghhr0gvcccvtejgf

Deane

#358494 - 01/11/13 09:14 AM Re: Rolannd BK Style Demos... [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
right out of the box with no "programming" by me at all. I had the BK5 and returned it because unlike the BK-7M it need a lot of man hours.

Deane

Deane....it all sounds Very good, natural, live & clean as most Roland gear does,....what puzzles me is why you didn't keep the Bk7m? confused1 as Don M has stated many times,
he loved the BK7m....is it possible the BK7m & BK5 are two different animals inside?

Edited by Dnj (01/11/13 09:17 AM)

#358502 - 01/11/13 09:38 AM Re: Rolannd BK Style Demos... [Re: hammer]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas

Deane

Yes Deane, it goes sound better than the BK 5 that I have messed around with. But that could be due to skills of the player smile What I mean to say is you sound great!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#358503 - 01/11/13 09:44 AM Re: Rolannd BK Style Demos... [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Donny,
Because I did own both the BK-7M and the BK5 I am convinced they are not the same. I did not keep the BK5 very long but regardless of what I tried it never sounded as nice as the BK-7M.

I sold the BK-7M because at the time Roland did not allow any of the OTS voices to be changed and saved. That has been corrected in later OS updates I believe. Also, at the time I did not know how to program my controller, a Roland A-800 Pro, to control the unit so I had to make changes on the unit itself which did not work for me during live gigs.

I actually have been thinking about buying another one. With the controller programmed properly all the needed controls would be right at the keyboard.
I think Don had his setup that way.

Deane

#358505 - 01/11/13 10:04 AM Re: Rolannd BK Style Demos... [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Donny,
Because I did own both the BK-7M and the BK5 I am convinced they are not the same. I did not keep the BK5 very long but regardless of what I tried it never sounded as nice as the BK-7M.

I sold the BK-7M because at the time Roland did not allow any of the OTS voices to be changed and saved. That has been corrected in later OS updates I believe. Also, at the time I did not know how to program my controller, a Roland A-800 Pro, to control the unit so I had to make changes on the unit itself which did not work for me during live gigs.

I actually have been thinking about buying another one. With the controller programmed properly all the needed controls would be right at the keyboard.
I think Don had his setup that way.

Deane

Deane I was very proud of you lol clap when you conquered the controller & BK7m...you did your homework and it paid off for you. I also believe it or not had my sites in the BK7m & Controller hookup months back but went in another direction.
When I had the MIDJAY & A33 controller it was a setup challenge that I managed to accomplish also...I think the BK7m fits your gig needs very well and your portability health issues with lighter weight gear. If those past issues wee resolved with the OTS then I say go for it and good luck. eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online