SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#35838 - 08/05/10 05:32 PM Re: What PA System is best for Audya?
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Thanks for all the responses !!!

After all the responses I have been thinking in a Bose Compact or Mackie SRM450/HD1801 sub.

I will look in details in all the systems that has been mention in the responses.

DonM,
Will the Logitech Z2200/2300 will be good enough for events with 30/40 people?

#35839 - 08/06/10 03:42 AM Re: What PA System is best for Audya?
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:

After all the responses I have been thinking in a Bose Compact or Mackie SRM450/HD1801 sub.

I will look in details in all the systems that has been mention in the responses.

DonM,

mackie srm 450!! thing again!!! if you find old version srm 450 ok, but version 2 mackie is realy not good..i used side by side with yamaha msr 400.. even with mackie mixer..not recommend...

#35840 - 08/06/10 08:47 AM Re: What PA System is best for Audya?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:

DonM,

Oh yes, plenty loud enough. I actually like the sound from it a lot. I have one in my office for computer sound and one packed up ready to go for small jobs or backup.
I also have a Z5500 in the living room for the HDTV sound system.
I have done lots of nursing home jobs and private house parties with the 2200 and it has been more than adequate.
I have two of those lightweight music stands from which I removed the actual top that holds the music and modified them to hold the two satellite speakers from the 2200 system. The control is velcroed to the top of the bass cabinet and the entire system resides in a zipup Walmart type canvas bag. It even has rollers.
I "borrowed" this design from Gary Diamond.
DonM

#35841 - 08/07/10 08:59 AM Re: What PA System is best for Audya?
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
I have used alot of pa speakers and combinations through the years and I know that all the experienced old pros on the zone have too, but when it comes to the in your face sound of the drums of audya you want to have a speaker to do the same. Many name brands are able to do just that but I recommend a speaker with a two inch compression driver if you can handle the extra money, these speakers are in the high end of the pro market but the sound and value over the years is worth every cent. Even a one and a half inch does a great job but the two inch is just incredible. I use two EAW LA-215's with a QSC-3400 amp. a Midas Venice 24 Ch. console, heil PR-35 vocal mic, Zoom 9200 fx . Best reverb I've ever used , Compaired it to lexicon PCM 80 & 81 and a Lexicon 200 and the High end Zoom sounded much sweeter with nice smooth tail, a vety nice unit, but it is no longer in production. Also have 4 EAW 18 subs and two EAW LA-325's for really big jobs. I just need a few willing and strong helpers on the big ones, can't do it on my own anymore, gettin too old but I still love to crank it up. So EV , JBL , Nexo If anybody can afford them, EAW(my Fav.)And don't forget about the Bose 802's by far one of bose bests, I had 4 802's and two 302 subs about 10 years ago(WOW) should have kept them. What ever tickles your ears!
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#35842 - 08/07/10 12:13 PM Re: What PA System is best for Audya?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
http://www.cerwinvega.com/pro-audio/powered-speaker-system/active-series-powered-speaker-system.html

Here is a system I demoed ..that impressed me with high quality sound and power...

#35843 - 08/07/10 12:22 PM Re: What PA System is best for Audya?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
To answer your question..I think the Yorkville and Ev lines would work well, but most of the product line would need a sub woofer too..

I would also suggest the low cost Podium line, but the track record of the new products is short (2-3 years)..Our Podiums are working well after 1 1/2 years..

The Yorkville's are work horses , intended for pro use..
The older EV's were also work horses, but I do not know how well the new EV series are..I demoed the acclaimed 8 " powered units , and did not like them at all..

I would imagine the Bose compact would also be fine..if you eq it enough to take advantage of the mid range of the Audya..but I think you would find it lacking a bit from non stereo...and 2 units seem to have a phase problem..

I have read a lot about discontentment with the newer Mackies...and the same with the JBL's...

Yorkville would be my first choice for a name brand....although the Podium 1204ca's made me store the Yorkville's...

Of course EAW's would end your search for the best system..

#35844 - 08/07/10 03:15 PM Re: What PA System is best for Audya?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There are absolutely no phase problems using the Audya and two Bose Compacts, and no problem hearing the mids. I do it every night.
It's easy to over e.q. though. I run everything mostly flat.

DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online