SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#358159 - 01/07/13 07:36 PM Original AUDYA or AUDYA 5... Which & Why?
leezone Offline

Just wondering which you guys own and why...

Please choose any one or as many of the options below:

A) Own Audya because I prefer and need the 76 keys
B) Own Audya because I need the SPDIF digital out
C) Own Audya because I need and prefer the jog wheel instead of joystick
D) Own Audya because I like and prefer the semi-weighted keys
E) Own Audya but wish the Audya 5 was available at the time as I'd opt for A5 instead

F) Own Audya 5 because it's approx 4 lbs lighter and a little smaller
G) Own Audya 5 because it's about $800 US cheaper
H) Own Audya 5 because I like and need those 16 programmable front tab buttons
I) Own Audya 5 because I prefer joystick over wheel
J) Own Audya 5 because I only need 61 keys
K) Own Audya 5 because I don't need or care for the SPDIF out
L) Own Audya 5 but now wish I had bought the Audya instead

M) Own Audya or Audya 5 but now wish I had opted for the Yamaha Tyros4 instead
N) Own Audya or Audya 5 but now wish I had opted for the Korg PA3X instead

O) none of the above - list your own reason

#358162 - 01/07/13 08:22 PM Re: Original AUDYA or AUDYA 5... Which & Why? [Re: leezone]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Leezone... J) I didn't really need 76 keys as all my previous boards are all 61 and never felt the need for more. I didn't look at the specs prior to purchase as I primarily was very much in love with the audio styles of this keyboard. Now the more I play/discover the more I'm hooked on this thing. I kept the Tyros4 as it complemented this keyboard really well given its SA2 voices, choir and the free style play styles.. Which gets me out of those odd time signatures. Cheers, Ky.

#358164 - 01/07/13 08:28 PM Re: Original AUDYA or AUDYA 5... Which & Why? [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

Ky. Thx for being 1st to reply

Here's my question to you:
If you could only keep 1 of them, which would it be, the A5 or T4? smile

#358166 - 01/07/13 08:39 PM Re: Original AUDYA or AUDYA 5... Which & Why? [Re: leezone]
Pearlss1977 Offline

Loc: Ocean County, New Jersey
Hi Leezone

I have the Audya 76 bec thats what was avaiable at the time. Ive always only had 61 note keyboards now with the Audya im lovin these extra keys!
I have the Kronos a Lionstracs Mediastation x76 extreme and a Psr 9000. I had the PA1x until about a year ago. It i had to choose to keep one machine it would be the Audya no questions asked...I was gonna buy the Pa3x but i kept asking myself after playing audio styles pa3x would sound like a joke to me. Its hard to hear a midi style after playing Audya for a year and half.
If they ever produce another upgraded Audya (maybe call it Ver. 2)with better hardware specs id buy it in a flash.
The style section and what u can do with it is amazing! With all the arps and grooves like playing multiple midi files plus audio drums, guitars, bass, 2 lower sounds a left omg styles can be as full as one can want!

As u can see i love my Audya.

David

#358170 - 01/07/13 09:00 PM Re: Original AUDYA or AUDYA 5... Which & Why? [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

Thx David for taking the time...

Looking forward to more replies on this post

#358172 - 01/07/13 09:23 PM Re: Original AUDYA or AUDYA 5... Which & Why? [Re: leezone]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Wow..tough ask, I pursued the T4 for two years before I could get my hands on one, it's a great arranger no doubt about it, but since the A5 arrival I think I really enjoyed the sounds out of it. With my current PA set up now (HK elements) , the sounds / styles are just so LIVE and surreal. I literally get zoned in and buried in it. What David said below is completely true. The T4 has great and I mean great variety of styles and voices but its midi and very CD like quality as oppose to the live sounding works of the A5. So to answer your question. A5.... But I guess, knowing I have the privilege of both its much easier to chose one over the other. For me , music is like watching a great movie. It should really take you away from the moment. The A5 does that more for me...Ky.

#358178 - 01/07/13 10:19 PM Re: Original AUDYA or AUDYA 5... Which & Why? [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

I too absolutely love my Audya
And it just got even better with Roberts amazing new styles from the UK, "By Request Vol.#1"

#358222 - 01/08/13 09:46 AM Re: Original AUDYA or AUDYA 5... Which & Why? [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

Only 3 or 4 of us here own the Audya?

The other 50 visitors to this post are still thinking of getting one?

#358230 - 01/08/13 11:01 AM Re: Original AUDYA or AUDYA 5... Which & Why? [Re: leezone]
ketronkong Offline

Loc: Southern california
Hi,Leezone.it is A.I play five times a week at a restaurant/night club with both the Audya and the SD1plus.i still like the sd1 plus better than the Audya.Some styles and sounds of the sd1 plus sound fatter,fuller,more saturate than the Audya.

#358237 - 01/08/13 11:44 AM Re: Original AUDYA or AUDYA 5... Which & Why? [Re: leezone]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Leezone

A&D
I always had 61's until I got the Roland G70. I would be happy with either, but prefer 76 keys now. The weight, price, and joystick is not a factor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online