SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#357903 - 12/29/12 09:53 AM Who is Gigging NYE....?
Dnj Offline

I am .....it's a Triple gig day for me NYE...
two 1hr NH shows early,....and then a really big NYE Dinner & Dance in the evening 9-1pm.........
I hope all of you are gigging also somewhere? .....

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY SZ FRIENDS AROUND THE WORLD!!

#357905 - 12/29/12 10:20 AM Re: Who is Gigging NYE....? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Not me...I'm pretty sure last year was my final New Years gig (which I thoroughly enjoyed).

It's nice not to have to play, and so I'm just sittin' in and playing the AWESOME wink Tyros4 for a few friends that drop by my place here at my apartment complex.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL HERE AT SYNTH ZONE!

Ian

#357907 - 12/29/12 10:30 AM Re: Who is Gigging NYE....? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I am. It will be my first really full day since my surgery. Like Donny I have three - but all of them are only 1 hour each. We will see how it goes - I'am prepared to DJ if I need to.

Deane

#357908 - 12/29/12 10:36 AM Re: Who is Gigging NYE....? [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
I am. It will be my first really full day since my surgery. Like Donny I have three - but all of them are only 1 hour each. We will see how it goes - I'am prepared to DJ if I need to.

Deane

Deane good to see that your back in the saddle and ready to give em hell!!....clap The DJ option is always a good bet, you never know what could arise on a gig & to be able to
Mix it Up is a plus for sure, especially for line dancers etc,.. wink .....Happy New Year to you and yours...enjoy!

#357910 - 12/29/12 10:51 AM Re: Who is Gigging NYE....? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Like Christmas, my NYE gig will be at my house ... some neighbors and friends ... eat, drink (moderately smile ) and make music ... party

I can understand musicians wanting (needing?) to play a gig on NYE - I always felt that way - but not so much anymore ...

Have a Happy, HEALTHY, New Year everybody, and no matter HOW you celebrate - BE CAREFUL OUT THERE !!! wink

#357923 - 12/29/12 12:07 PM Re: Who is Gigging NYE....? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Weeeeeeel ... I have a huge private party on the 30th, and that hardly EVER happens on the day before NYE, and I turned down 2 lack-luster offers for the 31st. So, technically, I'm NOT working a NYE job, but I AM playing a nice money party during that same time ... still, it's the first year since ... well, since EVER, that I may be off on NYE. No regrets, but it does feel a bit weird. No way I'll do a bar or a crazy night again, so it may be the end of an era for me. Wow - growth? We shall see.

I had an offer to work with the big band, on sax, down in Avalon NJ at a really-late night, really-loud night, really-busy night dance party and I thought .... WHY? I'd hate it! 2 hours travel each way, alone and in the cold .... naw.

Santa brought me a new Taylor 714ce guitar this Christmas (LOVE it - tobacco sunburst Sitka Spruce/Indian rosewood/ebony .... so sweet), so I may just play or record some things early in the night and go to bed at a respectable hour so I am fresh for the Mummers parade in the morning!

For those of you who are about to rock (the house) ... I salute you! Carry on comrades. I'm happy to be working as much as I do, and equally happy to be off, when I can be!
Happy New Year!

#357930 - 12/29/12 12:31 PM Re: Who is Gigging NYE....? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I am off too...I can't recall the last time..maybe early 80's..

I am looking forward to it...and I am not answering my phone (last minute booking).. smile

I remember my kids beating on pots and pans at midnight....my wife has had the same experience with my grandkids..but I have not frown....maybe it is time grin

#357931 - 12/29/12 12:36 PM Re: Who is Gigging NYE....? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
No pots for me. Zzzzzzzzzzz
smile

#357933 - 12/29/12 12:43 PM Re: Who is Gigging NYE....? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Playing under the stars at the Marathon City Dock Tiki Hut.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#357935 - 12/29/12 12:49 PM Re: Who is Gigging NYE....? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Playing under the stars at the Marathon City Dock Tiki Hut.

Gary

Give em hell Gary !!! party

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online