SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3575 - 04/16/02 11:18 AM Need Help! MIDI File Format
RobertK Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA USA
I have an Ensoniq AVISTA 7600 electric piano and the MIDI files it generates onto its floppy drive seem to be difficult to read by many otherwise working programs I have on WIN95 and WINNT machines. They interpret the files as corrupt MIDI Format 0 files.

The one program that does seem to read them correctly is RealPlayer's latest RealOne.

Any ideas? I've tried some of the public domain shareware MIDI conversion utilities, but they can't do anything with these files either.

#3576 - 04/16/02 12:28 PM Re: Need Help! MIDI File Format
tekminus Offline

http://www.emu.com/products/pdf/pdf_manuals/Avista/Avista_7600_UG.pdf

Page 26 mentions midi-files. There's also a section on formatting disks. If in doubt, format everything. If in doubt, choose "YES".

-tek

#3577 - 04/16/02 12:56 PM Re: Need Help! MIDI File Format
RobertK Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA USA
Thanks, bro, but I have the manual already, and I tried formatting the diskette both on the piano itself and the computers upon which I was copying the files.

The SMF file is seemingly created properly by the piano floppy, and it copies fine from machine to machine, in all cases.

But like I said, most of my MIDI handling utilities on my computers say it's a corrupt file when trying to load it, and won't do anything with it further.

The one exception is RealPlayer's RealOne, which loads it and plays it back fine.

I'm stumped!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online