SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#356963 - 12/19/12 11:25 AM Help! Gig day glich!
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I play both midi accordion and keyboard on gigs with the band. Today is only a duo so I tried to run my midi form the Ketron SD2 (for accordion)out to my Korg PA500. Right hand is fine, bass is fine, but when playing a major chord on the accordion, a major seventh is generated by the keyboard only when the rhythm is playing. If I play the chord by itself, the correct chord sounds. But start the rhythm and the seventh is added to it. I though it might be in the midi transmission from the accordion, but it is not as it plays ok with the ketron. I disconnected the SD2 and went directly into the keyboard midi in with the same result. And it happens with any style selected. What happens in the midi reception or sequencing to do this, and how do I fix it? Any clues? Midi in channel assignment are correct and wouldn't do this if they were wrong. Help!

#357038 - 12/20/12 05:45 AM Re: Help! Gig day glich! [Re: sparky589]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Found my answer at a dealer's suggestion. The accordion generates 3 individual notes via midi to make a chord. The keyboard must be setup for 3 fingered chords on the left hand to properly associate the signals. It was set for less than three, and it fouled up the reception of the three incoming signals. I changed it and it worked fine all night. Lucky for me i had this conversation with my dealer on the way to the job....next I may go back to a separate module w/rhythms for the accordion to minimize problems..

#357041 - 12/20/12 06:25 AM Re: Help! Gig day glich! [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... glad it worked out for you ... obviously, no one here had a clue... computer

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online