SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#356970 - 12/19/12 12:50 PM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: lahawk]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Larry,
When I loaded only Korg factory resources on both my PA600 and my KMA I was still happier with the out of the box sound of the KMA over the PA600. I don't know if I would have sold the KMA but did think about it. John's resources did not work on the PA600.

There is a lot of difference in the type of styles and the implementation of them between the two keyboards. The KMA fit best what I do on gigs. With John's resources it became a real winner for me. He apparently spent a lot of time adjusting not only styles but the sounds associated with the styles on the KMA. i actually use the KMA as a stand-a-lone keyboard on gigs. It gets a funny response from the audience. I show them the really small keys and hold it up in one hand and when I play it everyone is amazed at the sound from such a small instrument. It is also a wonderful tool to travel with - very small and light.

The thing with Korg keyboards is if you want to replace all the factory resources you must unlock them in the global settings then load the resouces you want to use. Otherwise only part of a set will be loaded and you are not really playing with the complete set you attempted to load.

It is a bit more work but even without a songbook feature it is rather easy, but time consuming, to setup separate gig sets and copy them to a SD card.
Deane

Edited by hammer (12/19/12 12:54 PM)

#357023 - 12/20/12 01:40 AM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: lahawk]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: lahawk
Is the OS that much different that John's resources wouldn't work on your PA600? If so, maybe someone can create PA600 resources similar to what John produced for the KMA and other PA's..although it took him years to reach that goal.

Would you have kept the KMA if John's resources were not available? Would you have kept the PA600 if they were compatible with the 600?

Hi guys,

As my name has been so prominently used here in your correspondence I feel I should be sharing my views here.
First of all let me say this. I am very pleased and grateful with the fact that Deane is so content with my Resources for the KMA. Scores of others around the globe have meanwhile gotten these resources and the general response is pretty similar, obviously subject to musical taste.
Which is the first reason you may like my resources more or a bit less. I am hitting 61 on Christmas Eve and have always had a predilection for MOR music. So if anyone say younger than 30 inquires about my KMA resources I warn them that although they will certainly be able to use some of them there is no House, Rap and even little contemporay Rock stuff.
Second is the time factor. I have mentioned this on previous occasions but it seems pretty obvious to me that programming results over a period of four years normally beat any efforts over a period of a few weeks or months, assuming the person can program. As such the success of my KMA resources is no surprise to me.
It also answers the question regards the new PA600 and even the PA3X which I owed for 10 days but did not hang on to.
When I bought the PA800 two years ago I set out with my previous hard work on the PA50 (KMA) as a starting point. Over a period of 18 months I created the PA800 Resources which were equally well received in general. But when I had the PA3X at home I found that virtually none of my hard work on all either models could be used and I would have to start from scratch again, which, also for chronic health reasons, I declined. ( I am glad I did in the end cause it allowed me to afford the PSR750 on top of my PA800).
The same applies of course to the new PA600. I am sure that potentially it can be programmed with outstanding results if you have the time ( and a bit of knowhow) to do so for say an hour a day for months and months ahead. Alas, very few feel the inclination or have the patience to do so.

Regards,
John

#357051 - 12/20/12 07:47 AM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: john smies]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Which begs the question John...will you need that much time to tweak the S750 to your liking?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#357067 - 12/20/12 10:17 AM Re: A Great Korg MicroArranger Demo [Re: lahawk]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

That is pretty sharp that is Larry !!!
Actually the answer is NO because I am not going to spend as much time doodling about with the Yammie as I did with my Korg.
For starters it is high time I started making music, like I did with my October home-made CD, second the same reason why I did not set out on the new Korgs .....
But I have some fine sounds in the Yamaha that I will use to my advantage and in particular also great pads. Most of the styes with the Yamaha are less my cup of tea,mainly due to the drums, but not solely. But as you know by now, I am happy with this triple co-habitation: Me, Korg and Yam,yam, yammie............... smile

regards,
John

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online